lobby

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

lobby

Postby THCDFEN on Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:17 am

Can i please make a suggestion to the match maker lobby admin...i've looked through others...so i cant find the topic ...if it is i apologise...lol
we need to keep the lobby and people interested in links right..?
may i suggest when players launch and go and play a game..they leave the lobby scene...nobody is able to see them...hence..when folk the enter lobby...they dont see many folk...so they are tempted to leave.....possibly..?? could you have in place where people playing through launcher can still be seen....so that others can see who's about...and possibly wait for a game ..?? i hope it makes sense....lol :D
THCDFEN

Postby lstouradmin on Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:32 pm

So keep people in the list who are playing? The only problem is that if they don't come back their names would be there forever. Maybe if we put an hour timelimit or so?

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby TIG_Redskin on Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:44 pm

It would be even better if you could make a 3rd list and people that are playing are in that list. That way anybody would know who is actually in the chat room and who is actually playing.
It's not the jeans that make your [censored] look fat.
TIG_Redskin

Postby Mikelson on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:09 pm

I'd also like to see who is playing and waiting on a game and those that are just sitting in the lobby. Kind of like the 'Zone' used to have because you dont know who is all online playing games via matchmaker...
Mikelson

Postby canuck on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:24 pm

lstouradmin wrote:So keep people in the list who are playing? The only problem is that if they don't come back their names would be there forever. Maybe if we put an hour timelimit or so?

Mark

there actually is a time limit right now...you have it set a 20 minutes,so names in game or just sitting in lobby will be wiped after 20 minutes. being able to see whos in game or waiting is a good idea.
also a increase of the 20 minutes limit to say 40 minutes or 1 hour would be awsome :D

chris
canuck

Postby lstouradmin on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:52 pm

I like the idea of a third list so you know for sure who's in chat and who's playing. And increase the timeout for the chat room to an hour and set the timeout for playing to two hours.

Sound good?
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby THCDFEN on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:54 pm

im only interested in keeping links and the lobby going along....so when folk sign in to matchmaker...they can see folk using it..esp those who are away playing in a game.and will or might wait about for a game ...that way we get to have somewhere for us all(linksters) to meet up and play..
THCDFEN

Postby lstouradmin on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:56 pm

THCDFEN wrote:im only interested in keeping links and the lobby going along....so when folk sign in to matchmaker...they can see folk using it..esp those who are away playing in a game.and will or might wait about for a game ...that way we get to have somewhere for us all(linksters) to meet up and play..

Agreed. My main concern when I built this was server overload. That's why I put in the timeout restrictions. I may try something new with this as time goes on - mainly using a java chat room instead of the current AJAX one.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby THCDFEN on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:58 pm

APPRECIATED MARK...well done bro....ur doing an excellent job...wish i could help ya
THCDFEN

Postby THCDFEN on Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:02 pm

Hi mark..just to reply to your addition to the lobby m8 ...it was what i asked you for....good showing...you done a good job there....hopefully now the lobby will get used more....let me now in a week or two if the numbers go up.?
thnx again, Dave
THCDFEN

Return to Lobby Games