How can I play the tournaments in LSPN?

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

How can I play the tournaments in LSPN?

Postby Espix on Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:58 am

Hello, I´ve just join LSPN after install the Links 2003 again.
I think that I´ve done everything to play the tournaments that are announced in this site, but I don´t know how to join those tournaments (all the tournaments announced in the "events in progress" site)...
How can I join those tournaments?...
Sorry for my english (It´s not my language)...
Replies in spanish would also be appreciated...
Espix

Postby Freefaller on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:02 am

Open Links 2003>click Online>click Links Tour>enter User ID and Password>click OK>click OK>pick a tournament>click Begin Play
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby terrell on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:58 am

lol, free', your spanish looks just like english.

coupla things, make sure on the lspn.net homepage, you goto options, and choose 'the arcade'(since there aren't any official events...yet). and after you've logged into the game, you choose any skill other than 'novice' (ain't none of those either). (8

edit: wouldn't it be totally cool if sergio actually plays links golf, and answered espix' question in spanish? i'd freak.
terrell

Postby Espix on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:13 am

Ok for freefaller. Let me explain myself better...
First of all,thank you for your help but I did all things you explain me in last message and I only can see few tournaments and not the whole list of them, what about of the others?, how could I join them?...
And for terrell, I choose "the arcade" and after I go to the Game (with the 1.06 version) and continue seeing the same tournaments that I explain before, not the whole list...
Thank you both again for your help...
And I will continue using english (if you undestand me, no problem)...

And terrell, I don´t undestand the last part of your message, the part about Sergio Garcia...
Espix

Postby Freefaller on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:20 am

Most tournaments here are played using version 1.05 not 1.06. The few tournaments you see are likely all there is for 1.06.
Freefaller

Postby terrell on Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:34 am

Espix wrote:And terrell, I don´t undestand the last part of your message, the part about Sergio Garcia...

sergio helped promote microsoft links many moons ago. he let ms use his name, likeness, etc. he probably never actually played links, but it would be really cool if he did.
terrell

Postby Espix on Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:06 pm

Thank you both, I start playing 1.05 version and finally I can see the tournament I want...
Thank you again...
Saludos...
Espix

Postby Freefaller on Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:39 pm

Have fun
Freefaller

connecting

Postby willows1959 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:40 am

everytime i try to connect it says i need a update but i have all updates on my pc, so has anyone have any ideas please
willows1959

Re: connecting

Postby SteveFr on Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:01 am

willows1959 wrote:everytime i try to connect it says i need a update but i have all updates on my pc, so has anyone have any ideas please

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

or, more directly, try running this
http://www.lspn.net/testing/LSTour_LSPN.exe

Steve
SteveFr

Postby willows1959 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:41 am

thx for the info worked a treat thxs again steve
willows1959

Postby TIG__Ripper on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:04 am

I shot -20 today.
TIG__Ripper

Postby HammaH on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:09 am

Great shooting, please elaborate!
HammaH

Postby FixAmer1st on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:32 am

terrell wrote:
Espix wrote:And terrell, I don´t understand the last part of your message, the part about Sergio Garcia...

sergio helped promote microsoft links many moons ago. he let ms use his name, likeness, etc. he probably never actually played links, but it would be really cool if he did.

There was someone long. long ago posting at Golfcom (now defunct) and the early Links Corner that said he was Sergio and that he did play Links 2003. If my memory serves me right I also believe that one of the site's members actually spoke to him at a PGA event and he confirmed that. However, he soon faded away from posting.

Warren. You used to be a member at Golfcom (as I was) and a very active member. Do you remember this?

Jerry
My apologies for plagiarizing Mel Brooks but "It’s GOOD to Play Links!"
FixAmer1st

Postby Tresclub on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:31 pm

Yes I do Jerry, but very vaguely. Have no idea who the Golfcom player was, but I do remember there were some postings regarding someone who had met Sergio... and it was many, many moons ago. Like 2-3 years ago.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Next

Return to Lobby Games