Thecaddie & sdcup

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Thecaddie & sdcup

Postby Harpo on Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:20 pm

Sorry for the quick exit on our game but my machine shut down. I thought I had that problem fixed with the newest graphic driver but I guess I didn't. (if that is what is causing it to shutdown). It took a while to get my machine back up and couldn't get back into the game. Another time perhaps.
Jim
Harpo

Postby terrell on Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:29 pm

darn. i saw sdcup and thought it was a spam site highlighting super d cups.

what kinda problems ya having, jim? when you installed the new graphics driver, did you use driver cleaner pro to get rid of remnants of the old drivers? have you shut down programs that will go out and look for updates while playing? have you tried a registry cleaner?
terrell

Postby Harpo on Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:13 pm

T, I was using an older Omega driver 2.6 (? can't remember) for my ATI 9600 256 meg card. Links was running good. My granddaughter (6) plays my old "TW" 2004 every time she is over. She has had her own computer since she was 4. I think her machine is faster than mine. :oops: :cry: Anyway, I seen the TW-07 on sale for $19 and picked it up. After installing it my machine, the pc would shut down after playing TW a few mins. I downloaded the latest ATI driver and it worked for TW. Now if I leave my machine on for quite a while or do a lot of graphic stuff Links will shut down. I have played 3 or 4 rds without a glitch but other times it just shuts down. I have a hard time just bringing back up my machine after it does it. If I let it set for 5 to 10 mins it will boot up. When it shuts down, the power light stays on and I have to hold it in to shut it all the way down.

Power supply or hd failure? When it does boot back up it goes to the Bios screen and when I exit it the first time it will shut right down again. A message comes up about power but can't remember what it says. I will jot it down the next time. It has happen with the older driver before also but not as much. It may not be the driver but something else.

edit: Oh yea, I didn't use registry cleaner. :oops:
Jim
Harpo

Postby terrell on Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:28 pm

hmmm, definitely could be the power supply. but i've never had a pc power supply go bad. what size power supply (watts) is it? it could more likely be a heat problem due to the power supply being too small to handle the load. the fact that it has to cool down to boot says it could be the cpu getting too hot.

let us know the size of the power supply and we'll go from there. oh, and burn tw. tell granddaughter we don't like people that talk and act that way. (8
terrell

Return to Lobby Games