Trouble loading Links

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Trouble loading Links

Postby TheOldMan on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:53 am

I had trouble with my computer and made some adjustments. Now when I try to launch Links2K3 my monitor goes dark with a message "monitor out of scan range". As my name implies I am an old [censored] with zero computer knowledge. The only game I play is Links. I am sure that some of you with extensive computer skills have a quick fix for this problem and I would sincerely appreciate any help you might be able to give. Thank you in advance....TheOldMan
TheOldMan

Re: Trouble loading Links

Postby BruceWallace on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:06 am

TheOldMan wrote:I had trouble with my computer and made some adjustments. Now when I try to launch Links2K3 my monitor goes dark with a message "monitor out of scan range". As my name implies I am an old [censored] with zero computer knowledge. The only game I play is Links. I am sure that some of you with extensive computer skills have a quick fix for this problem and I would sincerely appreciate any help you might be able to give. Thank you in advance....TheOldMan

Can you see anything on your monitor, before you go into Links? If you do, then launch Links in Safe mode. It will start Links with the 800x600 resolution. Once Links is open, change the Links resolution to something lower than what you had it set to before.

Or, before you do the Links safe mode, while on the desktop, go into the video card settings, and set the resolution to something lower than you have it set to now. Then try Links.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Re: Trouble loading Links

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:42 am

This may help you.
rwoodworkr

Return to Talk About It