Postby HTP_ErnieB on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:17 pm

If you're a whiner, better avoid this one. :lol:

Round 1 #12 is especially cruel... Image
HTP_ErnieB

Re: Three Canyons MOD

Postby KCJammer on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:13 pm

HTP_ErnieB wrote:If you're a whiner, better avoid this one. :lol:

Round 1 #12 is especially cruel... Image

It's my putter and I'll whine if I want to, whine if I want to, whine if I want to ...
you would whine too if it happened to you ...

Good venue for a mod tourney actually -- what happened on the 12th, Ernie?

My tee shot hit beyond the pin and right of the flag. It slowly trickled back down the slope 20 feet below the hole. My experience with the mod is so limited -- my putts are pure guesswork. So here I was faced with a 20-footer with an 18" incline, breaking pretty significantly from right to left. I just took a guess and hit the putt as I would for a 19-foot v1.05 m/m. The ball slid past the hole by a foot and stopped 30" above the hole -- I was surprised that it didn't roll back down the slope. I remember thinking I could really use one of Canuck's 4-foot gimmies right about now, but I made the putt and was relieved to save par.

KCJammer

Re: Three Canyons MOD

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:00 am

KCJammer wrote:Good venue for a mod tourney actually -- what happened on the 12th, Ernie?

My 12th was very similar to yours except my putt back for par I hit like a frightnened little girl. Yes, as you guessed, it curled away from the hole then rolled rolled rolled.... (tears began to well up).Image

My bogie attempt (37' and about 25" incline) back up the hill 360ed (540ed actually) the hole and came back down the hill AGAIN... at this point whining gave way to anger.Image

5th shot went 6 ft past the hole. This time, probably out of frustration, I hit it "plenty" hard enough (lol) and rammed home (hit the back of the cup, bounced up and backwards, then trickled back down the hill into the hole) a triple bogey and I finally had a good laugh because it should have been much worse.Image
HTP_ErnieB

Return to Talk About It