Re-Qualify

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re-Qualify

Postby BillJr on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:53 pm

I guess the members who set up the Tournaments are not very trusting. Since this is The New Links and weird things do happen, like having links just shut down. Twice when this happened to me, a message came up that I was disqualified and to re-qualify. I went to requalify and both tournaments were set up as not being able to requalify. I am not very good and never end up in the top 70 per cent in the standings.
BillJr

Postby Freefaller on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:59 pm

The reQ option has not been set up for anythingor anybody here yet. Should be shortly tho.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby BillJr on Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:29 pm

:D Thanks for the reply, so fast and from so far.
BillJr

Postby Freefaller on Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:48 am

LOL no probs, was just getting up for work. Anyway I was just reading elsewhere that reQ's are now avail, but only for newly created tourneys (eff ????hrs 7 Nov) so your tourney you were DQ'd in is pooched. Better luck next time.
Freefaller

Postby ranchocucamonga on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:36 am

[quote="Freefaller"] Anyway I was just reading elsewhere that reQ's are now avail, but only for newly created tourneys (eff ????hrs 7 Nov)

ive been poking around a few tourneys and im yet to find any mention of re-quals anywhere...just where does it tell you if they are allowed or not?
"Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."
ranchocucamonga

Postby Freefaller on Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:17 am

ranchocucamonga wrote:ive been poking around a few tourneys and im yet to find any mention of re-quals anywhere...just where does it tell you if they are allowed or not?

LOL, I'm sure this will make some happy. As far as I can tell there is no way for a player entering a tourney to know if requals are allowed. I guess people will find out if they are enabled only after entering the tourney
Freefaller

Postby gibby on Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:57 am

It's supposed to be on the homepage, but so far the icon is not appearing anywhere
(except on Free's computer)
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:04 am

I would support a no restart no requal tournament but today I am happy it isn't working. Just played 3 quick champ rounds and got booted during the first 2!! On both occasions I just restarted Links and carried on.
If I keep getting booted when The new tour starts......... who knows.
RoyHiggi

Postby gibby on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:07 am

As far as I've read it's only going to be in arcade mode
gibby

Postby Freefaller on Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:39 pm

gibby wrote:It's supposed to be on the homepage, but so far the icon is not appearing anywhere
(except on Free's computer)

Gibby that icon only appears after you've started a tourney. I'm pretty sure rancho was asking about knowing prior to starting
Freefaller

Postby gibby on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:14 pm

Ok I found it, it appeared after I quit. then disappeared after req
gonna make things quite confusing not knowing how many & what's the penalty since we have to many options to chose from
gibby

Postby tryandtyoneon on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:43 pm

gibby wrote:Ok I found it, it appeared after I quit. then disappeared after req
gonna make things quite confusing not knowing how many & what's the penalty since we have to many options to chose from

The option if available, only appears after you've quit a game and then try to re-enter it.Like the old site was, the game doesn't know you've been dq'd till you are.there is no icon to look for if you are not dq'd in a tourny, but once you are, the icon is visible next to the tourny ya need it in
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby sgt_cook on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:07 pm

Sounds very confusing and troublesome for those encountering problems. So far.. knock on wood, havent expirienced any such, but for others it might be disheartening. Stay patient and better luck in the future.
sgt_cook

Return to Talk About It