week 31 under the radar

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

week 31 under the radar

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:11 am

this week's under the radar event at both pro and champ is at The K Club Smurfit Course, a real world 7286yd par 72 course modeled by veteran apcd designer John Aherne [esker field, k club palmer course(ryder cup), mount juliet, hellfire] and released in aug '07. this is the companion course to the k club ryder cup venue (palmer course). all three of john's real world courses are in ireland, and we've already played mount juliet and (the fictional, also set in ireland) esker field in the utr this season.

the file is called "K Club 2 Pack Sunday Morning Edition" because it's a twofer. john included a version of the palmer course with more hole locations and without the ryder cup tournament objects, thus a more "sunday morning" recreational look. this two-in-one is a pretty big file, but can be DLed from either fileplanet or LC. the smurfit file [61MB] that showed up in my course manager after unzipping was called: The K Club Smurfit Course. sometimes folks forget the "the" and have trouble finding it.

players will find this lush irish course to be as interesting as it's more famous mate, with well sited hole locations and the usual fascinating Aherne detail work. good luck. lw

[ps: there is a general lspn site reset coming starting early thursday evening (this site will be shut down), so get in your 36 before then, because i don't think the scores will be carried over to the new site. i'll keep written track until the curtain falls.]

[edit, pps: mark says this site will be back up fri pm. so what that means for this week's scores and stats is not clear. however the change-over to the new site is handled, it might be nice if the old site h u n g on for a short while if only to access final stats.]

Return to Talk About It