The Join Text File

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

The Join Text File

Postby IGA__TeeShot on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:42 am

I Asked a question some days ago about this join text file but I have had no replies.If you get a connection failier look at this file in your programs folders it is in the APCD.Courses then Lobby folder. Look at the IP address see if it is the same as the one in your links game. A friend of mine can join a game but he can not host. The IP address in that text file is different to the one in his game launcher when he tries to host so we can not find him.Can anyone sugest a fix for this.
IGA__TeeShot

Postby Tresclub on Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:49 am

TS, I don't have anything remotely resembling this "APCD.Courses then Lobby folder" in my Programs folders.
Do I have to have tried to host/join a game before these appear on my HD?
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

The Join Text File

Postby IGA__TeeShot on Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:50 pm

Sorry that folder was from APCD. The folder you should have is Links Sport.NET the Lobby folder is inside that. It contains the geolauncher.When you launch your game from the lobby check the folder to see if you have a join text that installs when you launch. See if the IP in it is same as in your direct connect.If it is different no one will find your game.This is what happens to my friend. We would like a fix if possable but no one is replying to the problem.
IGA__TeeShot

Postby mark on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:07 pm

mark

Re: The Join Text File

Postby Tresclub on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:59 pm

IGA__TeeShot wrote:Sorry that folder was from APCD. The folder you should have is Links Sport.NET the Lobby folder is inside that...
Yup, it's there now that I have launched and joined games. Thanks!
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

i have one fire box.

Postby escada803 on Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:47 am

will you explain me.
escada803

Return to Talk About It