week 1 under the radar

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

week 1 under the radar

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:49 am

starting this week, i'm putting up a 36 hole event series featuring courses that haven't ever been used by the tour [or myself previously in 39 weeks of arcade invitational events]. they are posted at both champ and pro, have two reQs available [but not for free], and each hole location has been chosen individually. the weather and greens will be fairly mild. most of the courses, with a couple of exceptions, will be very modest downloads for those who don't have the file. i have 25 courses already programed for this series.

this first week's course, The Plantation [32MB] by dom bois (the designer responsible for beth page), is not particularly obscure for the connoisseurs, but many members have probably not played it recently. it is a deep southern u.s. model complete with kudzo and pond scum.

if you are looking for interesting places to play, that are not among the many (large file) blockbuster apcds i featured in my invitational series, you might want to check this series out. only 36 holes, and the files are not large. you won't be bored. lw

________
Larry_Warrilow

Postby deccie on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:18 am

Very nice course Larry.Short in length but very tricky(a 8 for me in round 2).A very enjoyable 2 rounds (a great idea) and looking forward to next weeks choice.
Well done cheers Dec
deccie

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:24 am

d, glad you enjoyed it, and next week will definitely be off just about everybody's radar: a real dark horse. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:56 am

holy crap! deccie's already posted a -8! that means it'll be tough for me to break 80. i love it! thanks, lw. (8
terrell

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:15 am

oooooooooo what a lill gem of a course Larry. thanks :)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:00 am

(45 mins later.........)

oh well :cry: it LOOKED easy before i teed off :(

:)
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:11 am

the greens are soft both days, and there is a breeze only on the first day. what could be easier (lol)? a short "tricky" course might suggest a certain restraint off the tee. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Westview on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:20 am

Great course Larry. Links froze twice during my Pro attempt and resulted in my DQ, but I'll try Champ and hope I have better luck.

I've had Links freeze on me quite a few times during the last month or so, and now it's starting to freeze/crash when I visit websites with Java script or pictures of Rosie O'Donnell.

I'm thinking the quickest way to fix this, is to format and re-install Windows.
I could spend days troubleshooting and trying to fix the individual problem(s), but it will be quicker to just re-install.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby Fraser on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:46 am

[I'm thinking the quickest way to fix this, is to format and re-install Windows.
I could spend days troubleshooting and trying to fix the individual problem(s), but it will be quicker to just re-install.[/quote]

Or try a system restore to a time b4 it started happening.
Fraser

Postby Westview on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:31 pm

Fraser wrote:[I'm thinking the quickest way to fix this, is to format and re-install Windows.
I could spend days troubleshooting and trying to fix the individual problem(s), but it will be quicker to just re-install.

Or try a system restore to a time b4 it started happening.[/quote]

Yeah I guess I can try that first.
Westview

Postby Cuber on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:56 pm

Very nice course ... all it needs is the aroma of crawfish etouffee, red fish, red beans and rice and a nice jambalaya with andouille sausage and gulf prawns simmering in the kettle and the sounds of zydeco music in the background. Thanks LW.
May All Your Putts Be Gimmies
Cuber

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:02 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:the greens are soft both days, and there is a breeze only on the first day. what could be easier (lol)? a short "tricky" course might suggest a certain restraint off the tee. lw
yeah i did do "a John Daly" out there in rd 1 and got into a whole lotta trouble :( but second round showed more restraint. great course, stays on my HDD 8)

The Plantation, Prestnoch its cyber-golf heaven
:D
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:07 pm

Westview wrote:I'm thinking the quickest way to fix this, is to format and re-install Windows.

but first Jim, are you running an AGP vid card ? if so, throttle back on the AGP x setting in BIOS. if its set to AGP x8 go back to x4. even x1. try it.

Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby Westview on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:32 pm

JackRussellTerror wrote:
Westview wrote:I'm thinking the quickest way to fix this, is to format and re-install Windows.

but first Jim, are you running an AGP vid card ? if so, throttle back on the AGP x setting in BIOS. if its set to AGP x8 go back to x4. even x1. try it.

Too late Jack. :shock:
I just formated and re-installed windows. This is the first site I've been to, and caught your message. Still have some work to do...have to install Links, Direct X, Video card drivers, sound card drivers, and other programs including setting up my VPN connection to my company's file server and Exchange server.

Should be finished in a couple of weeks or so. Lol
My computer is now running alot smoother. Nothing like a fresh install to make it purr like a kitten. :D
Westview

Postby Chimo on Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:07 pm

Excellent choice of courses. An interesting tournament great idea and thanks for the
enjoyment (being really polite here). Tricky little course makes me kind of glad I carry an wide assortment of woods. :oops: :lol:
Chimo

Next

Return to Talk About It