tournaments

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

tournaments

Postby kingeric on Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:05 am

every week i have checked the new tournaments available but most of them use courses that you have to buy could you not use courses that are freely available so we can enter all of them?

p.s this is just something i have noticed and just want to know your views

kingeric
kingeric

Postby terrell on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:00 am

the vast majority of us have collected (purchased...most of them $20 a pop) access software/microsoft courses for years. someone coming late to the party such as yourself, doesn't understand what the old timers have sacrificed over the years to be at this point. understandably, you see a 5 year old, obsolete game, where, though software copyright laws fully apply, surely these courses can't be worth enough to actually charge for them.

that's my story, and i'm sticking to it. i ate a lot of spam early in my career to preorder these darned courses (same sad story for a lot of us). please don't pirate software. purchasing legacy courses help mark and links corner stay afloat. (8
terrell

Postby GaryTaylor on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:23 am

terrell wrote:the vast majority of us have collected (purchased...most of them $20 a pop) access software/microsoft courses for years. someone coming late to the party such as yourself, doesn't understand what the old timers have sacrificed over the years to be at this point. understandably, you see a 5 year old, obsolete game, where, though software copyright laws fully apply, surely these courses can't be worth enough to actually charge for them.

that's my story, and i'm sticking to it. i ate a lot of spam early in my career to preorder these darned courses (same sad story for a lot of us). please don't pirate software. purchasing legacy courses help mark and links corner stay afloat. (8

speak for yourself terrell, it was kraft mac and cheese for me :?

ahhh....... but the good old days where you were more than happy to plunk down the $20 to access for the new course and then hold your pants (so you didn't wet yourself) until the course showed up at your door step.

I might add that access was very quick in getting out the orders once the course was produced and the lady you talked to on the phone had a super good additude everytime you would call.
GaryTaylor

Postby djwoods10 on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:34 am

dang i remember those days, not only nervis about it not comming, but praying to god i beat my wife to the door for the mail so she didnt no i spent the money on a course for my game
just play and have fun - don
djwoods10

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:35 pm

terrell wrote:the vast majority of us have collected (purchased...most of them $20 a pop) access software/microsoft courses for years. someone coming late to the party such as yourself, doesn't understand what the old timers have sacrificed over the years to be at this point.

Oi ! just watch who you are calling "old timer" here :evil:
early 50s, hair is almost gone (actually has gone :( LMAO), but my wheel chair to get 'round the course is waaaay down the track :wink:

in those "good ol' days" i had 9 courses snaped up pretty quick as they hit the shop shelves and thought "WOW look how many courses i have, 9 !!!!!". And then bought the rest as they were released.

today kingeric most of us *ahem* Terrell "OLD TIMERS" :D still have these original courses complete with wrapping and boxes. proud as punch we are......us "OLD TIMERS" LMAO.

so do yourself a favour kingeric, spend a few bucks & get the courses as needed......you wont look back in the years to come, when you thwack one down the middle at Riviera(LS) and Links2K3 :roll:

cheers bud......

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Westview on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:45 pm

Years ago, I bought all my old LS courses on their "easy pay" plan.
Only 5 more payments to go, then I finally own Harbour Town!
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Westview wrote:Years ago, I bought all my old LS courses on their "easy pay" plan.

Hey......for only$20 ya coulda........ oops, forget it
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby terrell on Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:15 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:
Westview wrote:Years ago, I bought all my old LS courses on their "easy pay" plan.

lol. same here, murray. that's the one thing that would make me retire links...being force fed that...

edit:

@rob

i tried to think of a suitable word to substitute for 'old timers', but i just can't think of any other term(s) of endearment for you guys. (8
terrell

Postby gibby on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:09 pm

terrell wrote:
tryandtyoneon wrote:

lol. same here, murray. that's the one thing that would make me retire links...being force fed that...

edit:

@rob

i tried to think of a suitable word to substitute for 'old timers', but i just can't think of any other term(s) of endearment for you guys. (8

old geezer comes to mind but I fall in there also!
also only been about 3-4yrs and I can't think how much I've spent on courses, I look at which event I'm going to play and d/l it. If it costs, I check to see if there's more than 1 and look for the discount
gibby

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:36 pm

terrell wrote:

seasoned ? :roll:

mature ? :roll:

:lol: :lol:

but as many know in here, they WERE great times as Access pumped out another course and then another......they were/are priceless IMHO

just couldn't get Valhalla tho for some reason...........untill another aussie made contact, saying he had a spare copy :D He posted it up.

my most prized Access course is "Sea Island TheCloister" WITH Davis Love 111 Ani included

you fight tooth 'n nail to own these genuine copies and the fact that you can still buy them today is just great.......altho perhaps without the packaging.

as long as electricity is still around in 30 years time, and as Larry W mentioned "keep your PC and OS that Links2K3 runs well on today"........and you can T one up in 2040 :shock:

from an "Old Timer" LMAO
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:38 pm

funniest thing i've heard Jim LMAO

(*stomach's in stitches*)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby terrell on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:42 pm

somebody floated the idea once upon a time that mark cut some kind of deal with indie built (owns the rights to the courses/game, i'm guessing) where he could allow players to 'check out' access software/ms courses for a fee. the fee being included in the memberships for this tour.

of course there'd hafta be some kinda special dispensation for us old geezers with all the courses. and of course the noobs would be complainin' about trying to get around the special dispensation. now that i think of it, never mind.
terrell

Postby gibby on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:52 pm

Not to get your blood boiling T, but it's only going to get worse, More & more somebody out there wants it for free and their's always someone who will give it away.
Regardless if it cost you $20 or me $5 somebody else wants it for .99cents.
gibby

Postby terrell on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:59 pm

you are correct, gib'. but i can kinda understand peeps not wanting to throw their beer money at a corporation that's washed it's hands of the game. but i think if it were clear lspn and linkscorner would benefit from the proceeds, people would be a little less likely to pilfer courses. maybe. (8
terrell

Postby bingo on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:32 pm

Geez i cant believe your still banging on about that terrel after all these years :lol:
bingo

Next

Return to Talk About It