Tournament question

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Tournament question

Postby faymondo on Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:18 pm

New to links and just playing free courses for now. I have started a tournament called RAW @ Shinnecock. Is this just a 4 round game set up by somebody or an official event ?
faymondo

Postby terrell on Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:28 pm

if there's a Image next to the tournament, it's official.
terrell

Postby faymondo on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 am

Cheers will play that as I dont want to start paying for courses yet and cant download on fileplanet.

Is there a key which when you take your shot will snap straight to the ball to save a bit of time ?
faymondo

Postby terrell on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:13 pm

faymondo wrote:Cheers will play that as I dont want to start paying for courses yet and cant download on fileplanet.

curious, faymondo. why can't you download from fileplanet? it's free. after you create an account, just click the ::hmmm, big red login thingy::, and type in your new login. then let the site scroll to the free servers below the pay servers.
terrell

Postby Cuber on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:03 pm

Maybe I read mondo incorrectly, (gosh I hope that comma is placed correctly) but I believe he/she can in fact download from FilePlanet ... it's just that he/she doesn't want to download a course that is Pay2Play and unavailable at FilePlanet.
May All Your Putts Be Gimmies
Cuber

Postby terrell on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:32 pm

aaaaahhhhhhhhh. you may be right. i'm having the same problem myself. there are courses i'd gladly purchase, but not if they're going to be held hostage for a membership at a particular site.

then there's the conundrum of whether to purchase legacy courses, or wait for the updated versions to come out. aesthetically, apcd courses are far and away superior to access software/ms courses. but then there's the sentimental value. there is no right answer.
terrell

Postby AZWilly on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:43 pm

as to your 2nd question faymondo...under options/game settings, click 'postshot auto enable'
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby tryandtyoneon on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:52 pm

TT_AZWilly wrote:as to your 2nd question faymondo...under options/game settings, click 'postshot auto enable'

.........or, if ya want a real quick game, play without an ani, takes 6 to 8 mins for a round but others might ask "why bother?"
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby AZWilly on Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:02 pm

LOL, yeah, nothin like watchin ones ani break a club over his/her knee :lol:
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Return to Talk About It