Flights?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Flights?

Postby BopColtrane57 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:09 am

I'm just new to the site, but already am enjoying all that it has to offer. Being about a par PS golfer, I'm getting trounced in the few tournaments I've played in, NOT that there's anything wrong with that... But I did read a couple of items on flighted events and was wondering if the powers to be were giving that some thought, however fleeting it might be. By the way, how does one go about shooting 70 under par for a 4 round tournament. I've put a computer player with 100% skill levels on some tougher courses and they MAYBE will shoot a score like that. Me, I like a nice mix of birdies, pars and bogies, with a pinch of eagles and OTHERS tossed in for variety... not too heavy on the OTHERS ingredient - it tends to give one indigestion. Look for me on the courses, I'll be the one near the bottom of the leader boards, even if I were to be playing in Flight Q, but still very content in playing my favorite game. Golf turned out to be a pretty good idea by those individuals who had lightbulbs turn on above their heads when standing in an open field with a stick and a feathery. Everyone keep enjoying Links and that other activity which involves a lot of walking and carrying of a bag. I forget what that one's called. [Sign-off two lines below, don't miss it]

Bobcoltrane (Keith T.) Unrelated Quote follows:

"My wife and I were happy for 20 years, and then we met." - Rodney Dangerfield
BopColtrane57

Postby terrell on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:12 am

welcome, keith. i'm a big fan of power strokers, mostly because it was far too hard for me to master. but ps'ers also seem to be the coolest, non-conformist types. you may be on the bottom of the leaderboard today, but with that attitude, you'll be up there with the (see, i don't even know who the best ps'ers are?) best in no time. good luck. (8
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:21 am

PS: There are flighted events. Once you have 3 completed tourneys in the same skill level/swing type the fol Mon you will have your flight.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby terrell on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:45 am

pppfffttt! thanks for picking me up, free'. keith's post was so refreshing, i forgot he had a question.
terrell

Re: Flights?

Postby Cuber on Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:25 am

bopcoltrane wrote:I'm just new to the site ... By the way, how does one go about shooting 70 under par for a 4 round tournament.

Practice, Practice, Practice, Luck.
May All Your Putts Be Gimmies
Cuber

Welcome Keith!

Postby HeavySwinger on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:23 pm

I'm a fellow PSer and I also play RTS, both at PRO level and usually using the MOD. I think your solution to getting trounced may be within your reach. I would suggest two things, get your mouse sensitivity adjusted properly and play a lot here in tourneys which will hone your skills. Check out my post on mouse adjustment at: http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Those super low scores like -70 are usually achieved using the easier swing types like Classic or RTS, sometimes with easy conditions like no wind and ladies tees. It would be possible with real easy conditions to shoot -70 in Powerstroke, I know I scored a -20 in one round of those easy conditions.

About those flights, they may be a long time coming for powerstrokers because they will not be set up until enough PSers are ranked (I think 25) at a particular level (e.g. PRO). To become ranked you must play 12 rounds in the official tournaments. I did request consideration of all-swing flights, but I'm not sure that will ever happen.

Good luck in those tourneys,
Larry
HeavySwinger

One Larry to Another

Postby BopColtrane57 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:15 am

Thanks for the response, Larry. I've gone under 2 to aliases in my forum messages - bopcoltrane, my jazz screen name, and Keith T, my middle name and last initial. Truth be told my first name is actually Larry. It's a baby boomers name that I sometimes don't use online, but when I see another Larry... well we have to stick together and I'm out of the Larry closet.
Hope to play you sometime in the near future. Thanks again for your insight.

bopcoltrane, alias Keith T, alias Larry T.
BopColtrane57

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:27 am

L, as another larry, i can tell you that as a PS guy, you are going to be at a disadvantage in any event where you are competing against the other two swing types.

all three swing types are equally valid methods of putting a cyber golf ball in play, but if you want to be competitive and play in large field events at pro or am and qualify for a flight, classic swing (click) is the way to go. rts in it's heyday was only 10% of the tour population, and PS has been less than 2% and will probably never have enough players to qualify for flights. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Return to Talk About It