A little advice

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

A little advice

Postby gibby on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:20 am

When you can't get back to sleep at 3:30am DON'T think playng at 4:00 helps your game. Even after posting a modest -27 for the final 2 rds, no amount of coffee, 1/2 a pack of smokes or anything helps. Could have taken a req and went back to bed but noooooo I kept right on going.
Anybody posting after this the words dumb,stupid and [censored] are no where close to what I've already called myself, so bring out the Websters and stump me. :roll: :roll:
edit: s t u p i d, a s i n in e
gibby

Postby terrell on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:56 am

been there, done that, gib. though i wouldn't beat myself up over it. i've concluded many moons ago i'm never going to be a top tier player. but i enjoy the heck outta sitting here, feet propped up, slurping on a cold frosty (probably not at 4 a.m.). so if i shoot a 55 or 95, i thoroughly enjoy playing the game.
terrell

tee time

Postby Bruce Bo on Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:50 am

interesting...
anyone else notice a variation in their play at different times?

for me, (not the level of play you guys are) i play my best between 8p and 11p..
i've tee'd it up mid afternoon, but whent the round is over, swear i'll never play again before 8p!

in 100 rounds i may have 10 decent rounds at early times, but am more relaxed and less tense the later i play.
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby JoeSmith on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:18 am

Definitely cant play past 11 PM on most nites. The brain just cant quite get the snap signal to the finger in the same speed. Ditto for early sat or sun mornings unless copious amounts of caffeine have been introduced into the blood stream. Best time for me is afternoon and early evening.
JoeSmith

Postby terrell on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:20 am

can't really say the time i play has much bearing on my scores. however, i regularly play rounds on 3 different machines, and i even loaded links up in a hotel lobby on a golf trip last year. and i've found my ergonomically friendly logitech mouse at home, is far superior to the little wireless microsoft mouse on my work laptop.

and even then i can't complain about my snap. i've played for so long, i've pretty much got that down to an automatic science. where i fail is not playing practice rounds, not paying attention to course management, always going for the 1 outta 10 shot, rather than going for the smart, high percentage shot, and playing fast, without giving a lot of thought to what i'm doing. all in all i'm very pleased with my game, given the total lack of commitment to it. (8

so the chasm between my ears is the largest determinant of my scores.
terrell

Postby w4cstriker on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:43 am

Terrell I do the same go for it like last night hit trees was happy just to make a par verses going for an eagle. As far as playing better ive found for some reason sometimes all of it clicks ,in those times I should keep playing all my rounds .Other times well like of late i should not play as much! :roll:
w4cstriker

Re: tee time

Postby ErnieB on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:37 pm

BruceBo wrote:interesting...
anyone else notice a variation in their play at different times?

No. I can't putt 24/7/365 :oops: :cry:
ErnieB

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:43 pm

JoeSmith wrote:Definitely cant play past 11 PM on most nites. The brain just cant quite get the snap signal to the finger in the same speed. Ditto for early sat or sun mornings unless copious amounts of caffeine have been introduced into the blood stream. Best time for me is afternoon and early evening.

yep same here Joe.....after lunch / early evening. but if i'm in a happy mood, then anytime.......and then i usually rush to the 'puter to swing a mouse. my mood dictates my scores. hehe

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby gibby on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:56 pm

Sat & Sun mornings just cause it's queit time, and after work 5-7pm(not 4:00am)
gibby

Postby Westview on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:59 pm

Doesn't really matter what time of the day for me, but I always play better when I'm relaxed or tired(i.e. very relaxed).

If I play when I'm a bit stressed or full of energy, I don't take enough time to properly analyze a shot or putt. I take a quick glance at the putting grid, aim and fire.

If I play relaxed and calm, I take alot of time to analyze. I look at the grid and go "hmmm...hmmmm....hmmm...." until I have a pretty good idea of where to aim.

Relaxation is the key. :wink:
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby in2bluz on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:22 pm

I play mostly before bed when I should be in one instead of playing golf. I play my best on days off in the mid morning it seems my touch is better. Have noticed at night when I start right clicking for no apparent reason its time to hit the hay.
in2bluz

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:57 am

yes i know i'm stoopid .........its 10PM and i should have my jarmies on by now in bed and i shouldn't play , but my mind is toooo active and a WANNA PLAY GOLF.......

SO I'M GONNA GO FOR IT at Pro River Highlands .........

ciao

:shock:
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby Vibes on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:08 am

about 1/2 hr or so after getting out of bed in the morning is usually when I play my best,
After work my snap is usually quite early, then Late trying to compensate for the early snap, I put it down to that I am usually pc'd out by the time i get home from work and a bit tired.

I find my 5th or 6th game in a row starts getting abit erratic also.

Cheers
Vibes
Vibes

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:43 am

the only prob with your early tee time Vibes, is that its WINTER and at that time of day its bloody FREEZING :shock: i can't even LOL move my fingers, unless i stick a radiator up close by and warm my hands up before every shot LOL or put a pair of golf gloves on :lol:

(btw, i SHOULDN'T have teed off for that round just now......nup, the snap just isn't there late at night ggrrrrrrrr oh well !)

8)
Rob
JackRussellTerror

Postby brokenclub on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:32 am

Start Links, in Pro mode, grab beer, usually after work around 5:30pm. finish nine, replace beer. start a new round in champ or pro, replace beer. finish nine, replace beer. If I'm not too blearied eyed, may start a am game, if theres beers left. Hence my scoring
brokenclub

Next

Return to Talk About It