Getting Ranked

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Getting Ranked

Postby BillJr on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:55 am

Just wondering why more players are not playing to get ranked. Everyone asked for flights but I asume they will not start until enough players get ranked. This is a short season and I want to see how the flights will work in the longer seasons. Lets go everyone.
BillJr

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:15 am

Flights will begin next week.
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby bubba on Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:44 pm

I have no idea if this is the place to address my concern or not, so with all the bravado of the misinformed, here I go. My game is L2001. I have 2003 but find 2001 far superior. We have a group of players that regularly participate in our '01 tournaments. Can anyone answer why we don't have rankings for our '01 series? Is it the next thing on the list? Will it never happen?

I appreciate all that has been done to salvage lspn and I am not complaining....merely asking a question.
bubba

Postby KCJammer on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:45 pm

bubba wrote:I have no idea if this is the place to address my concern or not, so with all the bravado of the misinformed, here I go. My game is L2001. I have 2003 but find 2001 far superior. We have a group of players that regularly participate in our '01 tournaments. Can anyone answer why we don't have rankings for our '01 series? Is it the next thing on the list? Will it never happen?

I appreciate all that has been done to salvage lspn and I am not complaining....merely asking a question.

As I understand it, there will be no official 2K1 events because 2K1 doesn't send certain data that Mark has incorportated into the new tour. 2K1 competition will be limited to user-created tournaments and will not feature rankings, flights, etc.
KCJammer

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:21 pm

if one clicks on the "my stats" tab on the home page, and then the "rankings" tab, after scrolling down there will appear a table for 2k1 rankings at each difficulty level. these rankings will probably be based on arcade stats, which have been piling up for all players for some weeks now under the lifetime stats which apparently include tour and arcade stats. but i could be wrong. lw

______
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:50 am

bill, call me cynical, but based on past behavior, the fact that mark has put up some of the very toughest links venues the first two weeks for the purpose of getting ranked may have been too frightening for players used to cherry picking venues to artificially pump their so-called expertise. if he had put up sea island and banf, they would have been trampling each other to get in their qualifying rounds.

that's ok, because after this season when the course rating system kicks in, players will learn that playing the tough venues may pay a certain dividend. lw

________
Larry_Warrilow

Postby gibby on Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:25 am

bubba wrote:I have no idea if this is the place to address my concern or not, so with all the bravado of the misinformed, here I go. My game is L2001. I have 2003 but find 2001 far superior. We have a group of players that regularly participate in our '01 tournaments. Can anyone answer why we don't have rankings for our '01 series? Is it the next thing on the list? Will it never happen?

Take a look at this post Mark as mentioned that something could not be worked out
http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

edit: found something else saying Mark could work on it
http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1688
gibby

Postby mike58 on Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:59 pm

This may have been addressed already, but are we going to eventually get points assigned for each tournament like we used to?
mike58

Postby Chip_Jett on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:19 pm

[quote="mike58"]This may have been addressed already, but are we going to eventually get points assigned for each tournament like we used to?[/quote}

My guess it won't be until next season mike. Just a guess.
Chip_Jett

Return to Talk About It