shadowland

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

shadowland

Postby garryrhobbs on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:20 am

my bad
Last edited by garryrhobbs on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
garryrhobbs

Postby terrell on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:38 am

http://mikejgolfdesign.com/courses

geez o' pete. talk about losing respect for someone in one sentence or less. i've admired your choice of tournaments, as i too gravitate to the tougher courses/conditions. but there is one pet peeve of mine that won't change anytime soon. stealing software. mike puts in zillions of hours working on apcd courses, and the least we can do is repay that toil with a coupla bucks. you may think your lack of funds in the bank entitles you to a freebie, but what you truly lack is character.
terrell

Postby garryrhobbs on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:44 am

gezzzzzzzz ok i git it ... but not lack of moral's just lack of fund's ..at the moment .. thank you for my tourny choice's i just love to play round's that are hard for me ... but i understand your feeling's .. i will withdraw my request .. dont want to lose any respect here because i was wanting to play a tourny .. and didnt have the fund's on hand ..

and in the future i'd love to be able to submit a tourny suggestion ..

no harm no foul
garryrhobbs

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:55 am

Hmmm, a thread that has a topic Shadowland, that reads "my bad" that was edited 2 times makes no sense to this forum. Is this a private thing? :?
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Freefaller on Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:57 am

lol, Dr D. Read posts 2 & 3 and the original content of post 1 becomes fairly obvious
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby terrell on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:51 am

garryrhobbs wrote:no harm no foul

thanks, garry. sorry i snapped. i know exactly how you feel though. there was a time i had to make a hard decision...lunch or a new links course. but there are tons of tournaments. and tons of courses. and shadowlands will be around for quite awhile.

sees ya on the links. (8
terrell

Postby Dr_Dave on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:14 am

Freefaller wrote:lol, Dr D. Read posts 2 & 3 and the original content of post 1 becomes fairly obvious

Ok, I got the picture. Maybe PM's are are a better way to handle situations like this. Constructive criticism is easy to handle when there isn't an audience. Just my opinion.
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby terrell on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:27 am

i disagree, dave. i like to air my battles in the open. that way, everyone benefits from things they might not know. and there's a very good possibility i might be wrong. and it doesn't bother me in the least to admit i'm wrong and apologize.

the peeps here that get all defensive when they're flamed. or get their knickers in a knot if someone says something that's not quite pc, are the ones with the deeper rooted problems of insecurity. garry handled our disagreement intellectually and in a mature manner. any misunderstanding we had was erased, and garry +1
terrell

Postby Bruce Bo on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:35 am

when i became a parent i recall someone telling me it was ok, in fact 'good' to let the kids see the parents having different views, and dealing with it in a mature, calm manner. if they never see their parents "arguing" they can grow up in a fairy tale, but worse, not have a clue how to participate in a disscusion of varying viewpoints.

as long as we avoid the yelling, and name calling i agree its healthy. keep in mind tone is an important ingrediant as is facial expression (i know, none of this is new, but humor me) so what sometimes (too often) happens is (A) someone gets really bent, or (B) offended or (C) someone else (just reading) gets turned off by what between the parties may be understood. but to the reader - serious business. So much so that they dont come back. Some of us here may be a lot younger and not yet in tune with the ways of forum exchange or people from different locations.

so its with peace and harmony, level headed disscussion that we can all learn and grow. mistakes will be made, personal opinions are always welcome as long as they are delivered in an appropriate way.

we can make a difference. start here - today :)
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby JoeF_LSPN on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:00 pm

terrell wrote:there was a time i had to make a hard decision...lunch or a new links course. (8

So, which course did you get?
JoeF_LSPN

Postby terrell on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:26 pm

JoeF wrote:So, which course did you get?

lol. thanks for asking, joe. i got 'em all. i was one of the maniacs that preordered every doggone title that came outta access software and microsoft. however, i did give away most of the older titles once upgraded courses came out. ya shoulda seen my face when dc started using the old titles on this tour, and i was scrambling to get them back off ebay. some i've bought 3 times. but the enjoyment i've gotten outta this game/hobby/obsession has far outweighed the cost.
terrell

Postby Dr_Dave on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:38 pm

OK T, I guess that makes sense. I like the game/hobby/obsession, kinda sums it up rather nicely!!
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby jeff1955 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:20 am

JoeF wrote:
terrell wrote:there was a time i had to make a hard decision...lunch or a new links course. (8

So, which course did you get?

Sandwich?

Jeff ;)
"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes" - Roy Batty
jeff1955

Postby GDI_Coyote on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:17 pm

Sooooooo,since you just gave away the old courses(software) makes you any different than someone who gives away current software(courses)?You still talk out both sides of your mouth Terrell.Maybe you "voted FOR software piracy before you voted against it"?

Assuming you are still a moderator here since you claim to have removed a link the other day....remove this one "Pal" Gore! :twisted:

Your pal,

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby Bruce Bo on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:26 pm

GDI_Coyote wrote:Sooooooo,since you just gave away the old courses(software) makes you any different than someone who gives away current software(courses)?You still talk out both sides of your mouth Terrell.Maybe you "voted FOR software piracy before you voted against it"?

Assuming you are still a moderator here since you claim to have removed a link the other day....remove this one "Pal" Gore! :twisted:

Your pal,

Steve

Steve~
if i may, why would giving courses away come under the same banner as pirating? i see no correlation what so ever. i give stuff away. i make "NO PROFIT" from doing so, and (key factor) it was something i had PURCHASED!

(sorry Terrell for stepping in, i know you dont need my help, but this one touched a nerve)

your 'pal'
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Next

Return to Talk About It