shadowland

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby terrell on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:38 pm

BruceBo wrote:(sorry Terrell for stepping in, i know you dont need my help, but this one touched a nerve)

no prob, bruce. i've forgotten what his/her rant was.
terrell

Postby GDI_Coyote on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Send me the Vista Primo edition when you buy it Brucey please.
GDI_Coyote

Postby GDI_Coyote on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:46 pm

As a side note...read the "EULA" that came with the game sir.You are allowed to make copies of the program for backup purposes, but it is against the law to give copies to friends and colleagues.

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby Bruce Bo on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:52 pm

GDI_Coyote wrote:Send me the Vista Primo edition when you buy it Brucey please.

(a) I've no intention of having it
(b) I was offered a FREE copy of it, and refused it (even being above board) for my contributions in another area
(c) if i did buy it, and found i didnt like it, i wouldnt know how to get it off my system ;)
(d) if i did buy it, and wanted to GIVE it away, i'd probably give it to Terrell :D

but i'll put you on the list should it
(A) come my way
(B) Terrell declines the offer
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Bo on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:56 pm

GDI_Coyote wrote:As a side note...read the "EULA" that came with the game sir.You are allowed to make copies of the program for backup purposes, but it is against the law to give copies to friends and colleagues.

Steve

right!
he didtn give a COPY, he gave the ORIGINAL~
big diff
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby GDI_Coyote on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Bruce...you 2 are wrong and i am right...go here if you have any questions buddy 8)

http://lrs.ed.uiuc.edu/wp/copyright-200 ... aqs.html#3

Isn't it okay to use a software program on any number of machines?

No, you can only use the software for the number of licenses purchased. For example, it is illegal to copy a software program from your office machine to use at home even if it is for work purposes unless you purchase an additional license for the additional machine. It is also illegal to loan or to create copies of software and give it to friends.(copied and pasted this :D )

Sincerely yours,

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby Bruce Bo on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:45 pm

GDI_Coyote wrote:Bruce...you 2 are wrong and i am right...go here if you have any questions buddy 8)
http://lrs.ed.uiuc.edu/wp/copyright-200 ... aqs.html#3

Isn't it okay to use a software program on any number of machines?

No, you can only use the software for the number of licenses purchased. For example, it is illegal to copy a software program from your office machine to use at home even if it is for work purposes unless you purchase an additional license for the additional machine. It is also illegal to loan or to create copies of software and give it to friends.(copied and pasted this :D )
Steve

I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY~
but you are not understanding or not seeing the basic difference in our discussion.
1) a person buys a program. installs it, and determines he doenst like it
2) [assuming] the person is law abiding, he DELETES it from his PC (if he doenst like it, why keep it?)
3) while discussing said program a friend says' 'hey, if you dont want it, i'll take it'... and the original purchaser, hands it over.

there is no "COPY".... only the original purchased program. i can without any guilt or fear of going to software pirate jail, give something i bought, and retain no DUPLICATE of, away.

if i keep it on my PC and give the original away, yes... that is illegal. but i think Terrell wrote that he had to go back and re-purchase the courses he had given away. that reads he no longer had them on his System, or access to them (why else buy them?)

so ...... i beg to disagree, but 'us 2' aint wrong. at least thats what our in-house attourney/ IT Dept guys say ;)

with all due respect, i think we're saying the same thing, your getting [censored] up on the giving a 'copy' instead of giving the ONLY version that was purchased. think of it, are you saying once you buy somthing you are stuck with it? what i wanted to sell it? forget giving it away~ i can do that too!
just not keep a copy or make a copy.
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby ErnieB on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:17 pm

I didn't pay for my Links 2003 discs!!

They were given to me gratis for 200 hours of complicated bunker meshwork on an APCD course*.

I guess I'm on the 5hit list too? :shock:

* I won't say which course because if I'm on the 5hit list, I don't want the designer to be in trouble too..... :lol:
ErnieB

Postby GDI_Coyote on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:19 pm

Thats why you(a ficticious person) can go to Warez and get the key cracks.The code given to the original purchaser of any software.Yes,if you buy it and install it,you are stuck with it supposedly.If you know a way around using it w/o the key code...shareware please.

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby duffer123 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:34 pm

If what you say then every one on E-Bay is at fault
duffer123

Postby GDI_Coyote on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:44 pm

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

Played real golf with Upandin today(i work with him @ GE) and told him of this BS.If you read the entire thread and apply what T said to this one,you'll see the double standards some folks have around here.I'm trying to be as cordial as i can Bruce,but that T fella shows his true colors in that thread as he did in this one.

If you gave away Links 2k1(or fill in the blank with any course or software) for 3 bucks on Ebay or gave it to Terrell for being an all round nice guy,thats piracy...period.One keycode per person as it relates to software or MS games...period.If you paid for a course from Mike,you should not share it(laughs at that thought).

Not that i really care,because this game is on it's last leg,but i do like pointing out the fact that some people like to straddle the fence as it suits them.

Carry on my wayward son,

Steve
GDI_Coyote

Postby Mick on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:55 pm

All we are is Dust in the Wind anyway...everything is Dust, In the Wind.
Mick

Postby Westview on Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:47 pm

Kansas rocks!Image
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby ErnieB on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:14 pm

We reached the Point of Know Return on this topic....
ErnieB

Previous

Return to Talk About It