Muifrield kicked my [censored]!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Muifrield kicked my [censored]!

Postby DJSpeedy on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:05 pm

In my first LSPN action of the year (and first since October), I thought I'd move away from clicking and give RTS a try.

First two rounds went as expected, with very few birdies and lots of pars and a handful of bogies (as expected). First round score of 77 is respectable, I think for not having played RTS before

Second round was a bit different, with birdies coming on 4 of the last 5 holes, but alas, a quad bogey in that span for my worst hole of the round of 80.

As expected, when the windy rounds started I really struggled. No birdies in the 3rd round, and 7 holes of at least double bogey or worse. Up to that time, my 3rd round score of 93 was the worst I had shot on this incarnation of links.

Well, the 4th round was uneventful for the first 10 holes, aside from a quad bogey on the 6th. Then came the 11th. I thought I had made a proper adjustment for the wind, but no - the game insist that I take a "detour" through the woods, and that I do. FIFTEEN shots later I escaped the hole.and would go on to bogey the next 3 holes before parring the last 3.

My final round score of 96 was something I kind of expected, yet still is shocking as it's not normally a score I see.

I know with more practice, I'll get a lot better with the RTS mode, but I COULD have picked an easier course that Muirfield to start with. :)
DJSpeedy

Postby Westview on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:43 pm

I used to play RTS for a year or two. I was not the best, but I was not the worst either.8)
The hardest thing about RTS is putting, and getting the right putting speed takes alot of practice.
Good Luck!
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Return to Talk About It