Muirfield strikes not once but twice!!!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Muirfield strikes not once but twice!!!

Postby IBHackin on Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:48 am

Just need to vent before I try again. Was playing the last round of the PGA, got to the top of the board (I know Roy will pass me quickly, but...) on the 11 green putting for birdie, strike the ball and crash to the desk top. Then there is no resume, so I requal, take my stoke and start again. Of course the wind is totally different, but get back to the top of the board and guess what happens on the 14th, yep, crash to the desk top again. So now I get 2 more shot and probably a different wind again. Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow, I'm a little red around the collar right now.

I guess all you can say is got to love it.

Steve :evil: :twisted: :evil:
IBHackin

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:07 am

well, you get a prize for being persistant Steve

"never say die, never surrender" hehe :lol:

i read the thread about sliding the graphics slider ALLLL the way down to the left before teeing off at Muirfield. no crash here :D Bloody quick redraws though ! :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Harpo on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:18 am

Steve, you didn't get a chance to resume? It say's that you are dq'ed but if you close down Links and bring it back up it always asks me if I want to resume. It saved me once at Muirfield when I had to grind it out in the wind and was glad I didn't have to do it all over again.

We had a couple power glitches here at work this morning.
Jim
Harpo

Postby IBHackin on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:32 am

Wow what a surprise. It let me resume this time. I brought up links and it offered the I said no, adjusted the slider and then logged on and accepted the resume and it put the ball right where my last shot should have ended up at. :D

Jim, on the 1st round it offered me the resume too, but when I said yes, it came back with no resumes allow in this tournament and DQed me. This was my 8th round at Muirfield this week and the only problem I've had.

Now off to Bighorn

Steve
IBHackin

Postby OlderThanDirt on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:37 pm

You should give us all strokes anyway, Steve......... :lol:
Chris

Golf is like s e x: Never perfect, always good.
OlderThanDirt

Postby IBHackin on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:30 pm

Well Chris, in this tournament I did! :lol: :lol: :lol:
IBHackin

Re: Muirfield strikes not once but twice!!!

Postby BruceWallace on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:50 pm

IBHackin wrote:Just need to vent before I try again. Was playing the last round of the PGA, got to the top of the board (I know Roy will pass me quickly, but...) on the 11 green putting for birdie, strike the ball and crash to the desk top. Then there is no resume, so I requal, take my stoke and start again. Of course the wind is totally different, but get back to the top of the board and guess what happens on the 14th, yep, crash to the desk top again. So now I get 2 more shot and probably a different wind again. Maybe I'll wait till tomorrow, I'm a little red around the collar right now.

I guess all you can say is got to love it.

Steve :evil: :twisted: :evil:

I was playing the Amateur rounds, and I have crashed twice, also. Once in the first round, and once in the second round.

I think that it may be a sound issue.

I don't recall not finishing a tournament in the past, so I will probably take a pain pill and finish up this weekend.

I will go through the same agony in Pro, I would bet. :(
BruceWallace

Postby ErnieB on Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:27 am

I just finished 2 brutal rounds in the MOD Champ tour at Muirfield and, as I recently complained about at KISS tours, why won't that course crash for me??!! :x :x :x
ErnieB

Postby Chip_Jett on Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:18 am

Just finished 1 rd. at champ MOD @ Muirfield . Firm slopey greens on Mod is :oops: :x :cry: :? :roll: :twisted: :lol: :shock: . That's just 1 hole. Repeat process 17 times.
Chip_Jett

Postby Dareaper on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:39 pm

Shocken greens gessh been so long i have seen this course forgot how hard it was Nice playing Roy and steve mY wINDY IS SHOCKEN well. Back to WOW now Links over for few more months.

Nice Job Tuff Event
Dareaper

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Not bad at all Steve. Good to see you are already getting bored of WoW enough to pop back here :D
RoyHiggi

Postby Dareaper on Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:59 pm

lol Roy not that bored yet ROY LOL. JUST THOUGHT I Would try find snap and try windy seeing it was my first in allmost 2 years Socken though
Dareaper

Postby Mick on Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:34 pm

coughbs
Mick

Return to Talk About It