Stats bug??

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Stats bug??

Postby Justin_I on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:04 am

Looking at my stats currently, only rounds where I completed the tournament are included....

before I get flamed for not completing tournaments, it was my bad in my own tournament :oops: , I read the date wrong, nor being used to American style dates I thought I had until June 6th but it was really June 1st ( even less sense because I should have read it as January 6th and known something was up), before i headed away for a long weekend holiday 8) . I always used to keep 100% completion record in the old days... really....

It may be a deliberate move to include only completed tournaments, but I didn't notice that any of the remarks to date.

Cheers

Justin
Justin_I

Postby terrell on Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:13 am

it used to be even incomplete tournament stats were included in the overall stats. but peeps would play a coupla benign windless rounds, and skip the windy rounds to boost their stats. i agree it's a shame an unscrupulous few usually ruin it for everyone. maybe it'll change again someday, but that's why it is what it is today. (8
terrell

Postby Justin_I on Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:46 am

Thanks Terrell. It's fine by me, in fact I agree with that logic, just wasn't sure if it was deliberate or a bug in the code.
Justin_I

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:51 am

Yes, it was deliberate. If you don't finish an event those stats do not get collected in your tour/season/lifetime stats. I do plan on adding event started/finished stats and they will affect your ranking quite a bit. It will certainly pay to finish your events.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby Armand on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:10 pm

The short-form dates is one of my pet peeves. I think I've seen people use all diferent combinations (except the year in the middle!) for dates and it confuses the heck out of me. I try to use "Jun 6/07" (for example) to avoid confusion!

sorry for the thread hi-jack...

Armand
Armand

Postby terrell on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:05 pm

Armand wrote:I try to use "Jun 6/07" (for example) to avoid confusion!

interesting. must be a canadian thing. in the air force, i got used to 6 jun 07 or 6 jun 2007. 'never seen the jun 6/07 before. but it's understandable.
terrell

Postby LarryKnecht on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:33 pm

It can be confusing. I was taught in school (usa) that it was month/date/year (06/07/07). The military can't even get the time right. 3pm = 1500. :D
LarryK
LarryKnecht

Postby Vibes on Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:52 am

think it's confusing now
wait till next month when will have 07/07/07 who's going to which is the day or the month.

I was taught in school ( Aust.) day month year which makes sense to me natural upward progression
Some countries actually use weeks/year so this would be 24/07
NB I'm only guessing that this is week 24 but it gotta be close.

Cheers
Ron
Vibes

Postby Justin_I on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:46 am

Assuming Mark is storing the date as a date field it should be relatively easy to change the display format to either DD MMM YY or MMM DD YY, so we get "6 Jun 07" or "Jun 6 07" on the events listing page.... then it is world friendly. Possible Mark?

Armand, don't worry about the thread hi-jack, it is a pet peeve for me to, working in an international environment it is an everyday issue, using the three character alpha to represent the month is always the best bet.
Justin_I

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:46 am

as in terrell's example, the standard military designations for time of day and date are fairly i d i o t proof, and they've had long hard experience with idiots and their works. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:17 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:as in terrell's example, the standard military designations for time of day and date are fairly i d i o t proof, and they've had long hard experience with idiots and their works. lw

hey! i gotta take exception to that, larry. granted, i wouldn't categorize any of us as rocket scientists, but i'm extremely proud to have served with every single man and woman. but if'n ya wanna point out idiots, look at the politicians that make militaries a necessity.
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:49 am

T, i myself did a hitch in the air force back in the 60's, and my point was that when military orders are issued, the military time and date system doesn't leave much room for confusion. and they know a lot about confusion and how it can happen. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby DennisHarris on Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:50 pm

Larry, I agree with you on Military Time and Date. You certainly can't confuse 2 Am, 0200 military time, with 2 pm or 1400 Military time. Same for the date as Terrell also has indicated. A standard thats Cut and dried. Even this [censored] could handle that! He He He! Only took me 21 1/2 years to realize I was actually a civilian at heart. I'm also proud of every man or woman who has served in the armed forces. They are all special.

Europe and Asia (prolly the whole world) uses the 24 hour (Military Time) clock for all transportation. At least they did in the 60's thru the mid 80's. Good old USA is the lone stranger that uses Am/PM for our transportation systems.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Return to Talk About It