Database purge

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby SteveFr on Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:02 am

I don't think the purge has been carried out yet. Mark's original post said he would do it 'Thursday or Friday'.
As Chris said if you had been purged you would have had to have re-registered to even be able to post on the forum. As far as I know either all or no areas would be accessable so I would have thought if you can get here you would have been able to get to the lobby (if purging was the cause). I could easily be wrong, of course.
I would suspect a different problem but I'm afarid I have no idea what it could be.

Steve
SteveFr

Postby Cuber on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:06 am

and since it's been a couple months since you logged in and tried to play in the Match Maker lobby maybe you have run the file posted under the Home - News Tab -- scroll down to the 3/29/07 news update
Cuber

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:56 am

to my knowledge, any member who can actually post on this lobby has an active functioning ID. the purge, as described, would not affect an ID even if one has only just looked in here at the lobby in the last two months, much less played an event or posted. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby lstouradmin on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:58 am

Nope, the purge has not been done yet. I'll probably do it Friday morning

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby lstouradmin on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:59 am

Just logging into the site on any page of the LSPN will prevent you from becoming purged, as long as you've logged in within the last 2 months.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby DJSpeedy on Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:34 pm

lstouradmin wrote:Just logging into the site on any page of the LSPN will prevent you from becoming purged, as long as you've logged in within the last 2 months.

Mark

Ok, but tell me why I can't get into the game lobby, using the same logon info as I use on the forum? The game treats my account as if it didn't exist, when nothing should have changed. :?
DJSpeedy

Postby lstouradmin on Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:43 pm

DJSpeedy wrote:
lstouradmin wrote:Just logging into the site on any page of the LSPN will prevent you from becoming purged, as long as you've logged in within the last 2 months.

Mark

Ok, but tell me why I can't get into the game lobby, using the same logon info as I use on the forum? The game treats my account as if it didn't exist, when nothing should have changed. :?

Clear your browser's cache, clean out your cookies, and try again. Sounds like a cookie issue to me.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby DJSpeedy on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:30 pm

lstouradmin wrote:
Clear your browser's cache, clean out your cookies, and try again. Sounds like a cookie issue to me.

Mark

Ummm....once again - I am in the game itselt and not any browser.

I go "Online", "Links Tour", I get a prompt for TourID and pass, which I haven't changed at all in the intervening months, I see the Connection Status window for about 3 seconds, then I'm back to the TourID and pass window, apparently because my TourID/pass combo is invalid.

That is the crux of my problem. It is withing Links itself where I am not recognized. Both the forum and the main site are fine. :?
DJSpeedy

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:39 pm

DJSpeedy wrote:
lstouradmin wrote:

Mark

I go "Online", "Links Tour", I get a prompt for TourID and pass, which I haven't changed at all in the intervening months, I see the Connection Status window for about 3 seconds, then I'm back to the TourID and pass window, apparently because my TourID/pass combo is invalid.

That is the crux of my problem. It is withing Links itself where I am not recognized. Both the forum and the main site are fine. :?

ya mighta tried this already, but ya need to make sure you are logging in with the exact same user id and pass word...... using Caps/not using where they should/shouldn't be
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby lstouradmin on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:27 pm

DJSpeedy wrote:
lstouradmin wrote:

Mark

DJ, try logging in again and I'll search the logs for any information.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby DJSpeedy on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:44 pm

lstouradmin wrote:DJ, try logging in again and I'll search the logs for any information.

Mark

Ok Mark, just tried again @ 2:38am EDT.

Since I had the "save password" box checked, nothing should have changed there, but I did try it no caps, with caps, first letter capped, so hopefully you should see something in the logs.
DJSpeedy

Postby SteveFr on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:13 am

DJ, did you try Mark's suggestion of clearing cookies.

My memory might be tricking me but I seem to recall some time ago I had a problem (which I think was a crash to Windows every time I tried to start a round in an online tourney) which was solved by clearing cookies. And I do mean the problem was within the game, not the browser. Trouble is I can't remember the details so I may have it completely wrong.

But it must be worth a try, couldn't hurt.

Steve
SteveFr

Postby SteveFr on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:30 am

I suppose if you haven't played for a couple of months there is another question to be asked, just for elimination.
When you last played were you playing on the Main site or the Test site? The logins as I recall were specific to each and could be different

Edit: almost certainly irrelevant as I just re-read your last post and realised you had re-entered your current ID and password. Unless you had played there and haven't run the srever switcher back to the main site.
SteveFr

Postby lstouradmin on Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:14 am

DJ,

Check your rr.com email address. I just sent you an email.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby DJSpeedy on Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Ok, after some trial and error I figured out the problem.

Seems the username is CaSe SeNsItIvE, so once I changed my username from DJSpeedy to djspeedy, I got in fine.

Thanks for the mucho patience with this one Mark!

But I wonder - if it worked previously with uppercase letters, why it doesn't now?
DJSpeedy

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It