Docs 100 or BUST 8

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Cheezer on Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:21 pm

I think those who are defending this course by stating a player should stay out of the trees or tall rough are missing the point. First let me say I was playing along with Dr. Dave and also playing along with us was Cool Hand Andy. The trees were sparse and Dr. Dave had plenty of wide open shots to get out on to the fairway. He tried every club in his bag except the driver. He even turned completely around and tried a shot back towards the tee which had absolutely no treen and nothing but wide open space. No matter what club or what type of shot he tried the ball would immediately go straight back and sound like he hit a 4 ft round tree square in the center and the ball would fly straight back over his head.

He couldn't even take a penalty and drop the ball out. The only way to go on was to disqualify himself from the tourney which he did. And obviously it also disqualfied myself and Cool Handy Andy. So someone please explain to me how this course is even remotely considered true to the game of golf either real or sim ? I will defend the designer in the sense it is a very well designed course and the graphics are superb. The shame of it all is the designer over used or shall I say abused the areas he blocked out. Even some of the trees overhanging the fairway were blocked in excess. Several times one of us would hit a shot and we were astonished when we would watch the flight of the ball and watch the ball fly just past the edge of the tree and the ball would go flying sideways or go backwards and the sound was as if the player hit the trunk of the tree with a loud sound of hitting the trunk of the tree dead solid.

I stand by my vote to delete this course until the designer edits the course to make it more true to life. Last but not least the if there is anyone who stills defends the course as is because they say you shouldn't hit your shot out of the fairway, I will agree with them if they can honestly tell us they have never miss hit there snap or try to take a shortcut and never ended up in the rough :lol:
Cheezer

Point

Postby MasterMontgomery on Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:06 am

My only point was to let the designer know, which i did.
This sort of thing should have been sorted out before it ever
got here. But, i see it did not. So i was not defending,
just trying to help for the future.

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby Cheezer on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:44 pm

Your attempt to approach the designer is much appreciated Doug. Being a designer yourself I hope the designer of Awabi recognizes the problems with his course, that is assuming he agrees. If not so be it and all his work will be for not for many Links players. I know every time I see Awabi in a tourney I certainly will not enter mainly because it has been deleted from my course file.
Cheezer

Postby CoolHandAndy on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:47 pm

Hellooooooooo

When planting a tree or object in the APCD, you can increase it's density and create a "box" that denotes the "collison" area ...its all up to the designer.... this course has supremely good graphics....great eye candy if you ask me. And possibly with time....a player could locate the "problem" spots and avoid them... But I'd rather see the designer take the plunge and maybe go over a few things and revise it.... it's such a nice course....it would be a shame not to IMO.
( That was an answer to a question back there somewhere)

PS Hi Mr Terry Hogan

:D
"Some people ya just can't reach"
CoolHandAndy

Postby Pas11 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:26 pm

Hows your course coming Andy?
It's being 2 years now.
Looking forward to screwing that up too!!! :D
Terry
Pas11

Postby CoolHandAndy on Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:46 am

Hello Terr'

Wow...been so busy lately....just finished moving into a new house 3 days ago....and my first child is due on the 21st of this month :)
Sooo...had to put my new found hobby on hold for a bit.... ...I sure hope to finish my course sooner than later....wife has taken the first year of work off....soo hopefully I'll be able to find a little time...:)
"Some people ya just can't reach"
CoolHandAndy

Previous

Return to Talk About It