Rating Courses

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby lstouradmin on Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:03 pm

Definitely separate rankings for difficulty/swing. Although I'd use the same course rating for each set of rankings.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:21 pm

ernie is correct about the absolute scoring differences between swing types at different levels. however, within each swing type and each difficulty level, the relative difficulty of each course is probably proportionately the same, that is: the relative course difficulty multiplier for each course on each level and swing type is an invariant. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Westview on Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:35 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:ernie is correct about the absolute scoring differences between swing types at different levels. however, within each swing type and each difficulty level, the relative difficulty of each course is probably proportionately the same, that is: the relative course difficulty multiplier for each course on each level and swing type is an invariant. lw

I'm not sure what you mean Larry. :shock:
Are you saying Mark should increase the difficulty rating equally across the board regardless of the course? i.e...
Pro=Am+1 difficulty rating
Champ=Am+2 difficulty rating
Elite=Am+3 difficulty rating
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:52 pm

westy, no.

within any difficulty level or any swing type, the relative difficulty multiplier for each course should have pretty much the same value. that is, it's an invariant for each subdivision. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Westview on Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:westy, no.

within any difficulty level or any swing type, the relative difficulty multiplier for each course should have pretty much the same value. that is, it's an invariant for each subdivision. lw

Ok I see what you're saying, sound like a good idea. Can't wait for Mark to start the new season. :D
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby IanDLS on Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:14 am

Nay problem Mark.
IanDLS

Previous

Return to Talk About It