The Eagle Factory

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

The Eagle Factory

Postby fundraiser on Sat May 26, 2007 10:26 am

I have been playing for years and have been improving steadly but for the life of me I still can't believe a player can get as many eagles on par 4 holes as I have seen in the amateur tournaments. Unless my driving is so bad. A player would have to hit his first shot over 340 yards consistently hitting the green within reasonably 15 feet of the cup and sinking the put. Or, more realistic would be to drive the 300 yds and sink the chip 1 out of every 2 or 3 times. Also there would have to be a lot of holes in one on the par 3s.

There must be something I am missing in the calculations or there is something about swing types that aludes me. I use classic and have plotted within a few inches my hit points. Now I never expect to be that good ever and I am told that some of these players are that good. To be that accurate is great but eventually boaring. This is one reason why I do not go to pro or champ. If the accuracy is that intence along with the swing limitations I would never do well without knowing the secret to such success. FR
fundraiser

Re: The Eagle Factory

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat May 26, 2007 10:47 am

fundraiser wrote: Also there would have to be a lot of holes in one on the par 3s.

FR

Hole in ones on par 3's are not considered eagles.
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby LarryKnecht on Sat May 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Eagles are fantastic. They have superior eyesight and can zero in on an object very accurately from long distances. All great ammy golfers carry along an eagle caddie to assist them in guiding their shots into the hole. Maybe thats what you have been missing. I can sell you a trained eagle for $1000, payable through :arrow: Pay Pal. :lol:
Last edited by LarryKnecht on Sat May 26, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LarryK
LarryKnecht

Postby SteveFr on Sat May 26, 2007 12:17 pm

I'll take two, Larry. Never know when you might need a spare.

You'd better not try and con me with a parrot in disguise, though.
SteveFr

Postby Dr_Dave on Sat May 26, 2007 12:20 pm

FR, not knowing what specific tournaments you are referring too, I will take a stab at it. Some of the ammy tournaments are played from the ladies tees which means you can hit within putting range up to 310 yards. Chipin's are routinely accomplished up to 35-45 yards out that also result in eagles on par 4's. These tournaments are a lot of fun and very competitive, an error or two means you probably won't be finishing in the top 10. Hope this helps. :D
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby LarryKnecht on Sat May 26, 2007 12:23 pm

OK Steve, would you want a [censored], [censored] or hetero mated pair? :wink:
LarryK
LarryKnecht

Postby LarryKnecht on Sat May 26, 2007 12:24 pm

Hmmm, G a y and L e s b i a n were censored. :lol:
LarryK
LarryKnecht

Postby SteveFr on Sat May 26, 2007 12:43 pm

LarryKnecht wrote:OK Steve, would you want a [censored], [censored] or hetero mated pair? :wink:

I'll take them as they come, Larry. What about delivery? I guess if I opt for premium delivery you'll freight them, but if I go for super-saver, they'll have to make their own way from Alaska.
SteveFr

Return to Talk About It