Skill Levels-Swing Type & Tournaments

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Skill Levels-Swing Type & Tournaments

Postby fundraiser on Tue May 22, 2007 12:52 pm

If my player settings are amateur and swing type classic can I play in the champ and pro tournaments and will my setting as an amateur stay the same or change for that specific tournament? FR
fundraiser

Re: Skill Levels-Swing Type & Tournaments

Postby lstucz on Tue May 22, 2007 1:42 pm

fundraiser wrote:If my player settings are amateur and swing type classic can I play in the champ and pro tournaments and will my setting as an amateur stay the same or change for that specific tournament? FR

No!

The tour will not allow a player to start a tournament at a different ability level than their player's settings. You can browse the tournaments for different levels; but, cannot enter tourneys at different ability levels with the same player.

What you need to do is to set up a different player for each level you want to play. For example, I have three different players set up: lstuczAM, lstuczPRO and lstuczCH. Then, went you want to play a tourney at a different ability level, apply this particular player when prompted.

If you want to use the same clubs and animation for each different level, that is no problem. All you need to do is clone your favorite player, change the ability level and rename them.

Note* The same applies to different swing types.
Lou
lstucz

Postby Freefaller on Tue May 22, 2007 2:14 pm

Sorry lstucz but you are mistaken fundraiser can enter a pro tourney with his amateur setting player, when he gets to the add player screen he picks his ammy player, the computer will state that this tourney requires a pro setting and would he like to change his setting for this round only. Just tried it myself with my ammy player trust me it works.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby HammaH on Tue May 22, 2007 2:27 pm

Freefaller wrote:Sorry lstucz but you are mistaken fundraiser can enter a pro tourney with his amateur setting player, when he gets to the add player screen he picks his ammy player, the computer will state that this tourney requires a pro setting and would he like to change his setting for this round only. Just tried it myself with my ammy player trust me it works.

Exactly! I have one player only, and whatever skill level I play I just switch back and forth. No need to create extra players.
HammaH

Postby fundraiser on Tue May 22, 2007 6:49 pm

Thanks all, I will try that. FR
fundraiser

What about stats though?

Postby HeavySwinger on Tue May 22, 2007 7:03 pm

fundraiser wrote:Thanks all, I will try that. FR

There could be a negative side effect to this, the statistics in the .pin file may get messed up, I'm not sure they are kept straight when you change levels of play like that.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby lstucz on Wed May 23, 2007 2:36 am

Sorry guys, you are right.

Awhile back and talking in years, lol, I read someone's post about setting up the different players. I liked it so much I have been using it for years. I just forgot about the request to change the settings for that one round.

I sit corrected! :oops:
Lou
lstucz

Return to Talk About It