Question from a rookie

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Question from a rookie

Postby ihidive10 on Fri May 18, 2007 12:09 pm

Is there any type of structred league or rankings systems so you play guys of the same ability? In other words, is there a way to form a league or rankings system with a season say of 5 tourneys. Then be able to play while everyone is online at the same time.

For example:

5 week season with one tourney each week.

One specified day all would (say Wed evening) meet online and match up in fours and play online. Could limit tourneys to 2-3 rounds to keep playing time reasonable and such.+

Just curious, seems the tournaments that I am playing in doesn't really amount to anything. There are guys that are really really good, and guys like myself that have just started playing. Thing that gets me is the tourneys are kinda computer run once their setup. I have finished lower in the standings after finishing all the rounds that say a guy that only has played two rounds and didn't bother to finish.

Again just curious and new to this is all.

Thanks
ihidive10

Postby Bruce Bo on Fri May 18, 2007 2:13 pm

right now - no.. its a bunch of tourneys, set up either by anyone of us, or by Mark.

eventually, yes! called 'flights' where after a certain amount of rounds are played, you'll be ranked and then only be able to play in tourney's with like ranked players. as you improve, you'll be promoted.
at least that the plan :)
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby ihidive10 on Sat May 19, 2007 9:50 am

Cool, if you guys need any help in organizing this, I have raced online for like 10 years. I know how to set up servers and such, no big IT guy, but I have set up leagues and stuff for racing online and dealt with servers before. Let me know, I work at a college and basically have summers off so I have alot of time on my hands right now.
ihidive10

Return to Talk About It