More back tees

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

More back tees

Postby Jimboroks1 on Wed May 16, 2007 8:25 pm

Why so many tournament with Forward tees? I really get tired of playing forward tees.I really feel like I am cheating somehow. It really doesn't keep us honed for any back tee that may come our way. Also, why not mix it up (wind& green speed)like in Links career?

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby Freefaller on Wed May 16, 2007 10:19 pm

So you're saying that others shouldn't be setting up tourneys the way they want, rather the way you want?

PS: you know you can set up your own tourneys with the conds you like
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed May 16, 2007 11:26 pm

the champ level "invitational no reQ" series has, with but a single one round exception at muirfield village, been from the tips for the last 32 weeks. also, the greens are firm at least 50% of the time. the guys who show up for this one won't be out of shape for the regular tour events, trust me. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Thu May 17, 2007 4:07 am

actually, i gotta agree with jim the vast majority of tournaments are geared towards the gamers. each week when looking for new events, lw's is a definite, there are others, but ya gotta look for 'em (i knew i was going to get into trouble because i can't name everyone that puts up good tournaments off the top of my pointy head).

so i look to the mod tournaments, which are my favorites anyway, but few play there. and i find half of the tournaments have courses only available being held hostage by one site. but universally available, of course.

as free' says, build your own.
terrell

Postby JImhulse on Thu May 17, 2007 6:49 am

I agree way too many ladies tees. I wish there was a way to search based on tee locations. Its a real pain in the *** to try and find tourny based on Back tees.
Jim I
JImhulse

Postby Westview on Thu May 17, 2007 7:09 am

Yeah I have to admit there are quite a few Ladies tee Tournaments out there, including my own. :oops:

Not sure about other players out there, but in real life, I would be extremely embarrassed to hit from the ladies tee.
My friends would laugh and I would never heard the end of it. :lol:
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby terrell on Thu May 17, 2007 7:24 am

actually, two buddies and i played mound golf course one evening, and the pro shop paired an elderly lady, around 40ish, up with us. but one of the guys decided to play from the ladies tees with her, so she wouldn't feel left out (i've played different tees with old geezers all the time, and it doesn't phase me a bit). but we never gave him any grief. it was actually kinduva nice thing to do.

understanding, of course, links is a totally different animal. and i totally understand the logic behind gamers and golfers. we will forever be intermingled here. (8
terrell

Postby mike58 on Thu May 17, 2007 8:50 am

terrell wrote:actually, two buddies and i played mound golf course one evening, and the pro shop paired an elderly lady, around 40ish, up with us. but one of the guys decided to play from the ladies tees with her, so she wouldn't feel left out (i've played different tees with old geezers all the time, and it doesn't phase me a bit). but we never gave him any grief. it was actually kinduva nice thing to do.

understanding, of course, links is a totally different animal. and i totally understand the logic behind gamers and golfers. we will forever be intermingled here. (8

Let me be the first of what I expect will be many to say "Hey, 40ish is not elderly" If it is, them I am ancient.
mike58

Postby lstouradmin on Thu May 17, 2007 8:52 am

I added some new filters so you can search for back tees now. Look in the Options tab on the main page.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby JImhulse on Thu May 17, 2007 8:57 am

Great Job Mark and Fast Too!!!!
Jim I
JImhulse

Postby JImhulse on Thu May 17, 2007 2:07 pm

lstouradmin wrote:I added some new filters so you can search for back tees now. Look in the Options tab on the main page.

Mark

Mark,

I've got the filter set to show Back & Middle tees but have found two Tourns. with Lady Tees showing: Marion East & Angus Chal.
Each has only one round with ladies tees and both are in the second round.
Just thought you would want to Know.
Jim I
JImhulse

Postby tryandtyoneon on Thu May 17, 2007 2:16 pm

terrell wrote:actually, two buddies and i played mound golf course one evening, and the pro shop paired an elderly lady, around 40ish, up with us. (8

So you're what, 6? :roll: :wink:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby lstouradmin on Thu May 17, 2007 2:19 pm

JImhulse wrote:
lstouradmin wrote:I added some new filters so you can search for back tees now. Look in the Options tab on the main page.

Mark

Mark,

I've got the filter set to show Back & Middle tees but have found two Tourns. with Lady Tees showing: Marion East & Angus Chal.

Yeah, the back tees and number of holes only look at round 1. Would you rather it looked to make sure all rounds are those settings?

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby JImhulse on Thu May 17, 2007 2:42 pm

lstouradmin wrote:
JImhulse wrote:

Mark

Mark,

Yeah, the back tees and number of holes only look at round 1. Would you rather it looked to make sure all rounds are those settings?

Mark

Yeah Mark I would prefer it to be for all rounds but thats just me.
Jim I
JImhulse

Postby terrell on Thu May 17, 2007 4:33 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:
terrell wrote:actually, two buddies and i played mound golf course one evening, and the pro shop paired an elderly lady, around 40ish, up with us. (8

So you're what, 6? :roll: :wink:

lol. actually i'm not that far off. i just wasn't thinking when i typed that.
terrell

Next

Return to Talk About It