Why come back

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Why come back

Postby LACERS on Wed May 16, 2007 5:41 pm

I am not out to Map courses, be a stats freak, memorize every dot on the putting meter, use 10 charts, play only favorite courses. I just want to enjoy and have fun playing again. I was away for over a year, my charts are gone, putting formula gone, I can't even remember the exact power to the tenth on most of the dots on putting meter for most greens. I don't want to go through the hassle of calculating every shot just to win. If I want to be so sophisticated in how I play, I rather use my energy playing fantasy sports. Yeah fantasy sports is all about best in STATS, if I want To play for Stats, I go to Fantasy sports, not a video game.

If I boast about I own courses, that is just a competitive urging to challenge back to Roy for a Re-match. I am not bragging about it, its all directed to Roy as FUN, but some seem to lack figuring out my sarcastic and onree way of humor. And I was not making 100 excuses why I lost to Roy, I took the loss and moved on with a rematch challenge to Roy. Yeah I wanted to get Roy thinking a bit about what courses I selected, wanted him to think opposite of what I would pick, 4 APCD courses, all just for having some competition fun with Roy. And people twist what I say just like in times past.
LACERS

Postby HammaH on Wed May 16, 2007 5:56 pm

Here's a bit of help for ya. If it's all directed at Roy, you can pm him. That way pests like me won't bother you. Enjoy your time back.
HammaH

Postby BruceWallace on Wed May 16, 2007 6:04 pm

Some folks won't change, George. Forget about it, and have fun.
BruceWallace

Postby UncleDunc on Wed May 16, 2007 7:07 pm

George,

If you enjoy playing Tour, then it's time well spent. If your posts benifit the game or help someone who is having a problem with it, then your time here is well spent. If you spend your time well, you'll have nothing to regret.

Uncle Dunc

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost, 1920
UncleDunc

Postby B118C on Wed May 16, 2007 8:56 pm

I agree with Bruce Wallace here, George. I'm glad to see you back here playing Links once again. So just have fun and enjoy your matches with Roy. :wink:

Feel free to test the waters at the elite level too. I enjoy the realism and challenge of elite, though I haven't played much in the last couple months. Would like to see you out there.

Anyway, welcome back. :D
Bill
B118C

Postby Pas11 on Wed May 16, 2007 9:39 pm

Welcome back George!! :D
Terry
Pas11

Postby OHNONO on Wed May 16, 2007 10:39 pm

.... a forum name filter is what you need then ....

I was away for over a year, my charts are gone, putting formula gone, I can't even remember the exact power to the tenth on most of the dots on putting meter for most greens.

Wanna play?

cya G

Ole
OHNONO

Postby Harpo on Thu May 17, 2007 1:46 am

Good to see ya back George.

Let's play some golf guys.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu May 17, 2007 2:41 am

The reason to play here George should be because you enjoy it! Just enjoy playing the game and all the different courses and maybe pro/champ and some elite and there will be plenty of good challenges. I hope you do anyway.

I was all lined up to play against you and will be anytime.
RoyHiggi

Postby Gunners on Thu May 17, 2007 1:34 pm

Why come back??

the answer is obvious...bcause you enjoy the game.
Gunners

Postby TIG__Ripper on Thu May 17, 2007 1:46 pm

Daaaa--OOooooooouce
TIG__Ripper

Postby DennisHarris on Thu May 17, 2007 7:18 pm

Some folks will never change as Bruce says. So if you have fun playing the game and posting on the forum then by all means do so. Just ignore negative posts and don't take them seriously. Remember we are all BIG bad Supermen sitting behind our computers. Many of the big bad talking wolfs become ordinary mice when confronted face to face. In other words talk is cheap. Just enjoy LINKs for what it is a fun computer game.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby ranchocucamonga on Wed May 23, 2007 1:31 pm

mmmmmmm...All i can say is...has he been abducted by aliens or had a labotamy??? doesnt sound like the old Lacers at all :shock:
"Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."
ranchocucamonga

Postby SE_BlackBeard on Wed May 23, 2007 5:18 pm

IT'S NOT, IT WAS A FAKE, HE NEVER LOSES. :|
SE_BlackBeard

Postby Hogan1956 on Wed May 23, 2007 7:43 pm

Well since i've been off awhile as well george i'll give ya break, but know this my friend there are a dozen or so Rough Riders that know they can buzz your arse as well as Roy lol
cya soon buddy :D
Hogan1956

Return to Talk About It