Thoughts?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby hokiepokie on Sun May 13, 2007 6:14 pm

Am very willing to pay reasonable monthly/yearly fee but have not interest in prize tournaments. Thanks again, Mark for giving us a place to play.
hokiepokie

Postby Pas11 on Sun May 13, 2007 11:21 pm

I would pay a membership fee per year.
Nothing is free these days!!
Terry
Pas11

Postby gibby on Mon May 14, 2007 4:29 am

Let's remember there is no major corporation running this site now, all the costs are being taken in by Mark at this point, so a membership fee, the donate button or the ads will only help Mark improve the site for us. We all knew at some point we would have to pay for something and it looks like nows the time.
As for having a cash tour, It would still be up to us if we choose to pay to play. We would still have all the other tournaments to play that would be offered with the membership fee.
gibby

Postby BirdieExpress on Mon May 14, 2007 5:56 am

I'd pay a small annual fee to play, no problem.

I'd endorse a tour set up that awards prizes on a quarterly basis to the top 10 or 15 players each quarter. Something simple like tee shirts, hats, logo golfballs, etc., just enough to recognise people who play well and consistently participate. Nothing that makes anyone take it too seriously. Then if you want to give a way a small cash prize in a Tournament of Champions event at the end of the year then that make make a few other people happy and keep the interest up throughout the year. In fact, I wouldn't even make it a cash prize, but award free memberships or other cash-equivilents to the T of C winners. I wouldn't make any of the prizes enough to make people get too serious about the game.
BirdieExpress

Postby normanfinbar on Mon May 14, 2007 6:01 am

Pay to play probably has to be a reality down the road. I have to say though that when I was paying every year for the latest game (Mean 18, Links 386, Links 2000, Links 2001, Links 2003) that they all came with the features we are now talking about paying for. I guess I should have read the fine print. Thanks microsoft.

Norman
normanfinbar

Postby Cheezer on Mon May 14, 2007 6:43 am

I am all for a membership annual fee and surely Mark deserves to recoup his sweat equity to this point and beyond in the future for the LSPN site. At first blush I am not sure I am for any kind of monetary reward for winning or placing in any kind of tourney. As we all know when money is involved greed rears its ugly head.

I would rather see Mark keep all the remuneration brought in to reward him for keeping the site up and running and hopefully new and more exciting things to increase the pleasure of playing Links golf for years to come.

I have exercised the pay pal button just now and I hope everyone does the same to show Mark we are all behind him in his endeavor to this point and beyond
Cheezer

Postby IBHackin on Mon May 14, 2007 7:05 am

I agree with you Cheezer, I enjoy competing but don't really want to see prize money events. Everything gets ugly when money is involved.

As for an annual contribution for the great things Mark is doing, I too exercised the PayPal button and was more than happy to give a token for Mark effort.

Steve
IBHackin

Postby Dr_Dave on Mon May 14, 2007 9:33 am

Yes sir indeed, there is nothing like competing!! I also depressed the Paypal button. And if you do it up right Mark I will add you to my Will for a sizable contribution. :wink:
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby txTarHeel on Mon May 14, 2007 9:58 am

Dr_Dave wrote:Yes sir indeed, there is nothing like competing!! I also depressed the Paypal button. And if you do it up right Mark I will add you to my Will for a sizable contribution. :wink:

But how much is a "sizable portion" of 0? :P
txTarHeel

Postby ErnieB on Mon May 14, 2007 4:04 pm

lstouradmin wrote:Thanks to everyone for their support, generousity, and feedback!!

Mark

Thank YOU Mark for all you've done and are doing for the Links Golf Sim Community.

Image Image Image
ErnieB

Postby Bagobones on Tue May 15, 2007 7:44 pm

Happy to make a donation to the site, as for cash prizes...maybe in flight tornaments would be fun.
Bagobones

Postby OHNONO on Wed May 16, 2007 4:24 am

hmm ....... season tourneys with prizes like 1 year free ?
( would make some life time members ( hehe We got them !))

O
OHNONO

Previous

Return to Talk About It