Apologly to All

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Apologly to All

Postby lstouradmin on Fri May 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to apologize to everyone for my lack of involvment over the last few months. I think I basically burned myself out at the end of last year. I put of lot of time into this thing during that period and I also started working at a new job the beginning of the year which reduced the amount of time that I could spend working on this stuff.

Kudos to BruceBo for stepping up and watching over things. I owe him a huge debt of gratitude.

I also wanted to let you know that improvements have not died, just came to a slow idle for a while. I'm currently working on a few things. First, I almost have the private leagues done. I have it so a person can create a country club, seasons, tours, and events. However for this first release you cannot edit events but you can delete them and recreate - assuming no one has started playing yet. I hope to have this done soon.

Also, I've been working on a new update for Links 2003 that we're currently calling v1.07. I don't want to release details yet but there are a few fun things in there. Nothing dramatic like graphical changes but I know everyone will be pleased. I'd like to release a new update every six months or so with new improvments, bug fixes, etc. I've been getting a lot of help with testing and new features from a few people in the community. I should have more info in the coming weeks.

Anyway, sorry for the disappearing act I've done a few times and thanks for keeping the site alive everyone!

One more thing, if anyone is having any trouble whatsoever please feel free to PM or email me at linkscountryclub@gmail.com.

Mark
Last edited by lstouradmin on Sun May 13, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby Westview on Fri May 11, 2007 2:13 pm

Thanks for the update Mark. No need to rush, you've already done plenty.
What about Official LSPN Tournaments and a Ranking system with Flights like the old Tour?
Is that in scope?
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby lstouradmin on Fri May 11, 2007 2:20 pm

Yes. As soon as I finish the Country Club stuff I'm moving onto new features. In particular the ranking system.

Hey westview, would you do a poll for me and see what would be wanted more for the next feature. Match Play or Flights.

Thanks,

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby BruceWallace on Fri May 11, 2007 3:37 pm

No apology needed, Mark. You are doing a good job. The LS Tour means a lot to some of us who have been playing Links, since the beginning.
BruceWallace

Postby Redskin on Fri May 11, 2007 7:35 pm

Hiya Mark - All this sounds great!! Really looking forward to the 1.07 version. :)
Redskin

Postby Tresclub on Fri May 11, 2007 10:39 pm

As Bruce said "No apology needed, Mark". We're all just hangin', waiting around the first tee to hear our name called. Take your time, and if you need any more help, you got my number.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby Bluenoser on Sat May 12, 2007 4:18 am

Thanks for everything you've done Mark, past, present, and future.
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby johnnyb on Sat May 12, 2007 11:12 pm

no need to apology ever
johnnyb

Postby Fraser on Wed May 16, 2007 2:00 am

Thanks for the update, and all the work so far, Mark...there is certainly no need for an apology, you are certain entitled to some "me" time!!! :D
Fraser

Postby DennisHarris on Wed May 16, 2007 9:43 am

Mark,

No apology necessary. I appreciate all the hard work you have already done. I also appreciate the improvement you intend to make in the future.

I thank you for keeping this great game going.

Dennis Harris
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Dr_Dave on Wed May 16, 2007 10:12 am

Say what...apology?? Collapse of a company, new job, just married and you're apologizing??? We should be the ones apologizing for posting all our selfish dribble.

I for one appreciate all your efforts and passion for the game of Links Mark. Kudos!!!!!!
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Budrick on Wed May 16, 2007 12:02 pm

Thanks Mark. I agree 100% with Dr_Dave. We should be the ones apologizing.
Budrick

Return to Talk About It