A Links Sabbatical

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

A Links Sabbatical

Postby RonnieSmith on Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:13 am

Greetings All,

Over the past few months I've had too many weeks where I felt like Links rounds were an obligation rather than fun. I would start a tourney, life would intervene, and then I felt rushed to finish the tournament (I don't like having unfinished tournaments).

So anyway, Troon (which was a great deal of fun) is my last Links tourney round until 2025. I won't say forever because that's a really long time.

But to my Champ/Challenge buddies, I didn't want to just simply disappear. Have enjoyed competing with you over the past few years. Thanks to GoesForIt for all his efforts to try to keep things interesting.

I will probably lurk around the forum from time to time.

Best wishes to all,

Ronnie
RonnieSmith

Re: A Links Sabbatical

Postby Bassmaster on Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:56 am

RonnieSmith wrote:Greetings All,

Over the past few months I've had too many weeks where I felt like Links rounds were an obligation rather than fun. I would start a tourney, life would intervene, and then I felt rushed to finish the tournament (I don't like having unfinished tournaments).

So anyway, Troon (which was a great deal of fun) is my last Links tourney round until 2025. I won't say forever because that's a really long time.

But to my Champ/Challenge buddies, I didn't want to just simply disappear. Have enjoyed competing with you over the past few years. Thanks to GoesForIt for all his efforts to try to keep things interesting.

Best wishes to all,

Ronnie

A break every now and then is good for us all. I get the "obligation" feeling on occasions also. So I know the feeling. Enjoy your break.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby MasterMontgomery on Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:12 pm

RonnieSmith wrote:Greetings All,

Best wishes to all,

Ronnie

Ron enjoy your time off. Fedex cup tourneys are coming up you might want to play
in them.

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:19 pm

Hey Ronnie, enjoy your rest, well deserved
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:29 pm

Take it easy Ronnie, sometimes I think the starting of the FedEx Cup points race puts a must play to get those points and stay ahead of the guy just below. At times I have played a course that I didn't like just for that reason. This break in NY for me is kind of nice for Pro. I have played the C/C just to play even knowing I am going to finish in last which is ok.
Jim
Harpo

Return to Talk About It