Latrobe

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Latrobe

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:11 am

Interesting times playing the pro event. Round 1first hole and holed a birdie putt and Links " stopped working" 2 shots gone
Round 3 after no more problems and again holed a putt on the first hole and "Links stopped working" again ^ shots gone. Not a clue why it happened although it was my first round of the day each time

Then into the windy round 4 and I'm sure I have never seen the wind so strong almost all the time. I don't think it ever got to half strength wind so never had to aim so wide of the target. Anyone else had this issue playing that last round?
RoyHiggi

Re: Latrobe

Postby Harpo on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:33 am

Roy, if you have seen any Windy round where it goes down to half strength then you are lucky. I try only to hit when and if it get s down to 3/4 strength. And then I have to wait for a while most of the time. They broke windy a long time ago.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:14 am

Harpo wrote:Roy, if you have seen any Windy round where it goes down to half strength then you are lucky. I try only to hit when and if it get s down to 3/4 strength. And then I have to wait for a while most of the time. They broke windy a long time ago.

You might be right as I have long been in the camp that “they” broke windy a long time ago. Maybe I just haven’t played windy for a while but it really felt like I was aiming wider than ever before with the cross winds.
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:58 pm

I can't believe that I missed eagle putts on hole 14 twice in the first 2 rounds. That pin is in a little hole that has so severe break. Both times the putt was so close that I only had to hit the putt less than the second dot on the red meter. Most times I try to force the putt in but tried to ease them in a missed. :oops: In the first two rounds I swear that 90% of the pins were in the same location for each round. Gosh, change the locations for peep sakes. That same pin on 18 is a killer.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Echoes on Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:18 am

Harpo wrote:I can't believe that I missed eagle putts on hole 14 twice in the first 2 rounds. That pin is in a little hole that has so severe break. Both times the putt was so close that I only had to hit the putt less than the second dot on the red meter. Most times I try to force the putt in but tried to ease them in a missed. :oops: In the first two rounds I swear that 90% of the pins were in the same location for each round. Gosh, change the locations for peep sakes. That same pin on 18 is a killer.

I saw Ricky Fowler displaying frustration like that this weekend Jim...his was directed at a guy and his cell phone not pin placement. :)

Only the plsa gets the pins placed each week, all the other LSPN tourney's pin placements were done years ago and run on autopilot.
Last edited by Echoes on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Echoes

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:10 pm

Harpo wrote:I can't believe that I missed eagle putts on hole 14 twice in the first 2 rounds. That pin is in a little hole that has so severe break. Both times the putt was so close that I only had to hit the putt less than the second dot on the red meter. Most times I try to force the putt in but tried to ease them in a missed. :oops: In the first two rounds I swear that 90% of the pins were in the same location for each round. Gosh, change the locations for peep sakes. That same pin on 18 is a killer.

Tis a shame the pins seem the same every time and its not the only course where it happens though is it! 18 at latrobe is really nasty but I've a feeling its usually in a different spot on round 4 if my memory is correct. Get the approach wrong there and a 2 putt is not easy
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:16 pm

Echoes wrote:

I saw Ricky Fowler displaying frustration like that this weekend Jim...his was directed at a guy and his cell phone not pin placement. :)

Only the plsa gets the pins placed each week, all the other LSPN tourney's pin placements were done years ago and run on autopilot.

Yeah, I know they are set for life just couldn't believe I missed that easy putt twice. Pin was in that same location in the last windy round. On a different side of the hole and did make eagle. Even the plsa events get a lot of repeat hole placements only to prevent those bad pin placements for the challenge mode and you would think I would be happy with most of them in somewhat flat spots. Still I have seen a pin sometimes in the same spot 3 times in an event.
Jim
Harpo

Return to Talk About It