A new experience.........

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

A new experience.........

Postby ilesquire on Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:51 am

A first for me in my long and very undistinguished Links journey. Playing in the Sawgrass Handicap event, my second shot from the middle of the fairway on hole #7. 172 yards to the green into a good breeze, grab the 5 iron 1 step up (For reduced distance + higher trajectory.) Hit it well.............flies 260 yards & out of bounds!? :? :roll: Thought I must have used a three wood in error so made sure the 5 iron was chosen and re hit..... 260 yards & out of bounds again. Cracked the s hits and quit the round :evil: :oops: Obviously a glitch... just wondering how many others have had this experience.
ilesquire

Re: A new experience.........

Postby Bassmaster on Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:45 am

ilesquire wrote:A first for me in my long and very undistinguished Links journey. Playing in the Sawgrass Handicap event, my second shot from the middle of the fairway on hole #7. 172 yards to the green into a good breeze, grab the 5 iron 1 step up (For reduced distance + higher trajectory.) Hit it well.............flies 260 yards & out of bounds!? :? :roll: Thought I must have used a three wood in error so made sure the 5 iron was chosen and re hit..... 260 yards & out of bounds again. Cracked the s hits and quit the round :evil: :oops: Obviously a glitch... just wondering how many others have had this experience.

That's a new one for me!
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Re: A new experience.........

Postby JackRussellTerror on Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:09 pm

WTF ??
that's insane !
have you been pumping iron ilesquire ?

must admit i too have experienced an irregularity in that, in calm cons, flat everything, i'm hitting a 9 iron 12/6 the 130yards......but to my disbelief, it carried well over 140 and rolled on a bit further !

gremlins !
:twisted:

R.
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Return to Talk About It