PLSA The Open (St Andrews... HD)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA The Open (St Andrews... HD)

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:04 am

I apologize for the conditions on this course. I should have had at least 2 gusty rounds and 2 F/F and/or F(C)/F(C) rounds.

I did have a nice eagle on #6 in today's 2nd round... also one chip-in.
Attachments
Eagle6StAndrews-07-15-2022.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 115 times
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA The Open (St Andrews... HD)

Postby RonnieSmith on Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:21 pm

Well, I don't think the IRL green speed is ever greater than moderate relative to championship US course conditions. ON the other hand, the simulation does not have wind affect putting.

Ronnie

GoesForIt wrote:I apologize for the conditions on this course. I should have had at least 2 gusty rounds and 2 F/F and/or F(C)/F(C) rounds.

RonnieSmith

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:04 pm

GoesForIt wrote:I apologize for the conditions on this course. I should have had at least 2 gusty rounds and 2 F/F and/or F(C)/F(C) rounds.

no worries ........i'm enjoying it all :wink:
EXCEPT for one lapse in concentration in Ammy where i pared the Par 5 14th ..........otherwise i could have grabbed the 1st round lead gggrrrr .....

and i've never used 'Spot Pin' so much .......... typical British links courses tho.

hey nice Eagle there..... :)
JackRussellTerror

Postby GoesForIt on Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:53 am

Door is wide open. Not a bad round except for #14 (quintuple bogey)... OP... then pot bunker... three putts.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:33 am

Apologies for the pin positions on holes #8 and #12. I have no trouble remembering the holes because they accounted for both my bogies. At least M/M and M(C)/M(C) mitigate them somewhat.

I've changed them straight away so they won't rear their ugly heads in a future Open, whenever it comes back to The Old Course. I hope I'm still alive to play it.
GoesForIt

Postby RonnieSmith on Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:49 pm

While you're at it... I think in Round 3 holes 7 and 11 have their pins a little too close to each other for IRL authenticity...

Ronnie

GoesForIt wrote:Apologies for the pin positions on holes #8 and #12. I have no trouble remembering the holes because they accounted for both my bogies. At least M/M and M(C)/M(C) mitigate them somewhat.

I've changed them straight away so they won't rear their ugly heads in a future Open, whenever it comes back to The Old Course. I hope I'm still alive to play it.
RonnieSmith

Return to Talk About It