Crashes & DQ

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Crashes & DQ

Postby anoldsoftie on Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:35 pm

Since the merger of the sites, I keep crashing and then get disqualified when I try to restart the round.
anoldsoftie

Postby terrell on Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:03 pm

hmmm, i don't quite understand how the site change would affect crashing. there's nothing coming from the server that would conflict with anything on your pc.

did you download a new sound file recently? did you change graphics drivers?

i would reinstall. uninstall links, opting not to delete courses, a n i s, players, etc. goto guru3d.com for instructions on properly installing your graphics driver. then reinstall links. make sure you keep programs running in the background to a minimum. you can do a clean boot, if links works without crashing, you know there's something conflicting with links.
terrell

Postby anoldsoftie on Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:30 pm

Guess it's a guy thing. Have to read all the news, then I would have known to run the 2003/MOD file. :oops:
anoldsoftie

Postby Lofter on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:52 am

happened to me today......I get some kind of allocation msg about -1 bytes ......It ususally happens on a fresh restart for the next round. I also noticed someone else had a problem also because he also had started round 3 with holes played showing 0. I hit my drive and before I see where it goes poof I get a black screen with error msg. I don't know why they woundn't give atleast one restart. I was winning the [censored] tourney. i'm po'd but it won't make any difference life goes on and there's other things to do.
Lofter

Return to Talk About It