Good Bye Beta Site

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Good Bye Beta Site

Postby Westview on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:19 pm

Strange how many new Arcade tounaments are created here recently considering all the tounaments will be blown away tomorrow. :?

Hope the site transfer goes ok. See you on the other side. 8)
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby terrell on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:25 pm

if the beta site is becoming the main site, and the main site is going away, shouldn't we be saying arrivederci to the main site?
terrell

Postby Westview on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:46 pm

terrell wrote:if the beta site is becoming the main site, and the main site is going away, shouldn't we be saying arrivederci to the main site?

I don't know. I'm all confused now!
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby DennisHarris on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:39 pm

Westview wrote:
terrell wrote:if the beta site is becoming the main site, and the main site is going away, shouldn't we be saying arrivederci to the main site?

I don't know. I'm all confused now!

Not Me Jim Because I read Marks post in news of 3/20/2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologize for the long delay in working on the site. I've been really busy doing other things. I'm going to merge the test site into the main site next week. Let's plan on Thursday March 29th. So, that means the site will be non-functional on that day while I make the changes and all events will be blown away. If everything goes according to plan, the site should be back up by 5pm PST. The forum will remain unchanged.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D So we are keeping this site but blowing away all tournaments from both sites and hopefully will be back playing by Thursday nite. If all goes well! I'm looking forward to this change.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby terrell on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:14 pm

3/20/2007
I apologize for the long delay in working on the site. I've been really busy doing other things. I'm going to merge the test site into the main site next week. Let's plan on Thursday March 29th. So, that means the site will be non-functional on that day while I make the changes and all events will be blown away. If everything goes according to plan, the site should be back up by 5pm PST. The forum will remain unchanged.

but he's not saying which site, the main or the test, will be going away. maybe both sites will go away, and the resultant morphed site will be the one we're left with.

i'm just not sure i'm ready for all this. i feel...alone in the world. is there any way we could put this off for awhile?
terrell

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:37 pm

terrell wrote:3/20/2007

but he's not saying which site, the main or the test, will be going away. maybe both sites will go away, and the resultant morphed site will be the one we're left with.

i'm just not sure i'm ready for all this. i feel...alone in the world. is there any way we could put this off for awhile?

I don't care what one goes or stays........just as long as the p o r n follows.........Last thing I need from this place is a pink slip
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Tresclub on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:54 pm

Mark wrote:... I'm going to merge the test site into the main site next week.

Looks like that one over there (the test site) is going to be merged into this one here (the main site), and that one over there (the test site) will be gone... imho.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby KCJammer on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:09 am

I always get "merge" and "yield" confused ...
KCJammer

Postby terrell on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:13 am

merging is fantastic, but yielding is a downer. particularly if merging yields something.
terrell

Postby Dr_Dave on Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:38 am

I'm just glad they still do things that give you guys something to talk about. BAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Cheers, Dr. Dave
Dr_Dave

Postby Bruce Bo on Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:55 am

but - but - but.... my exe is aimed to the beta site! and if it merges, returns, overwrites is moved to the main site, i wont be able to play any rounds! :o

oh, right..i can switch back to the main site exe -whew.. for a minute there i thought the sky was falling :P

Mark?
dont forget the links to make the MAIN exe our link again :)

thx~
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby terrell on Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:14 am

there is a tremendous upside to any changes to the site. the tech forums are going to be hoppin'!
terrell

Postby BAMTURF on Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:35 am

As Long As Points and Flight tourneys come back . I will figure out all the rest . Its not rocket science which i flunked in grade school .lol. I can always start spring cleaning here in chicago . Hope and Pray all goes smooth . Starting on friday is also a option .
ROSELAND/ HARRY
BAMTURF

Postby terrell on Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:31 am

BAMTURF wrote:As Long As Points and Flight tourneys come back .

aaarrrggghhh! ok, that burst my bubble. i'm gonna go out on a limb, and take a swag, but i would guess none of that stuff is going to happen immediately. i'm thinking what we saw on the test site will be this still beta (not being 1.0) tour. instead of techie questions, we're going to be inundated by peeps not understanding what's going on, and wanting to know where the flights, points, and free courses are.
terrell

Postby txTarHeel on Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:14 am

terrell wrote:...
instead of techie questions, we're going to be inundated by peeps not understanding what's going on, and wanting to know where the flights, points, and free courses are.

Where to get free courses? I thought all we had to do was ask you, T, and you'd send 'em to us. Right? :)
txTarHeel

Next

Return to Talk About It