Carey Park Municipal

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Carey Park Municipal

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat May 23, 2020 12:53 am

Blade wrote:G'day Roy, if you want a bit of fun play Pitch in an online Funner, I did yesterday and the following players turned up Pitch & his mates Ole - OHNONO & SCHWARZKOPF & you reckon Lacers has a few Faces :D

Cheers
David

Used to have some great times in Greenskeep's room back in the day. Where does it happen now ?
RoyHiggi

Postby Blade on Sat May 23, 2020 1:15 am

At GameRanger,Roy

http://WWW.gameranger.com
Blade

Postby Pitch on Sat May 23, 2020 1:48 am

RoyHiggi wrote:
Blade wrote:G'day Roy, if you want a bit of fun play Pitch in an online Funner, I did yesterday and the following players turned up Pitch & his mates Ole - OHNONO & SCHWARZKOPF & you reckon Lacers has a few Faces :D

Cheers
David

Used to have some great times in Greenskeep's room back in the day. Where does it happen now ?

David and I play some funners in the mornings , my time , feel free to join for a skype chat n a gameranger game.
Pitch

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat May 23, 2020 3:31 am

DLoaded Game Ranger resistered and it said it already had my details. Who knew :lol:

no idea re password so had to get another one. Got that but each time I enter it it says it's incorrect. :oops:

That just about sums me up on computers. :twisted: Failed and clueless.

So its off for a round.
RoyHiggi

Postby Pitch on Sat May 23, 2020 1:44 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:DLoaded Game Ranger resistered and it said it already had my details. Who knew :lol:

no idea re password so had to get another one. Got that but each time I enter it it says it's incorrect. :oops:

That just about sums me up on computers. :twisted: Failed and clueless.

So its off for a round.

rhiggi is listed there :wink:
Pitch

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat May 23, 2020 2:08 pm

hmmm that must have happened ages ago! Not sure what to do next
RoyHiggi

Postby Pitch on Sat May 23, 2020 2:44 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:hmmm that must have happened ages ago! Not sure what to do next

create new name royhiggi or higgi ...
Pitch

Postby GoesForIt on Tue May 26, 2020 8:06 am

Roy, Just so you don't think I laid out Carey Park inaccurately. Here's a comparison of topographic maps of Carey and Augusta National. You can even see the high points I mentioned running through #3(green)/#6(tee)/#5(green) and over on #18.

The greens are tiny compared to nice country clubs and they almost invariably have been raised so if you miss a green it kicks one way or another. #2 can be really bad for that. All attempt to slope from back to front and there's not a terrible amount of break except for that. You may have noticed some of that in Round #4.
Attachments
Eagle5Carey-2020-05-21.SHT
(3.7 KB) Downloaded 445 times
CourseCompare.jpg
CourseCompare.jpg (191.82 KB) Viewed 5064 times
GoesForIt

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue May 26, 2020 11:27 am

GoesForIt wrote:Roy, Just so you don't think I laid out Carey Park inaccurately. Here's a comparison of topographic maps of Carey and Augusta National. You can even see the high points I mentioned running through #3(green)/#6(tee)/#5(green) and over on #18.

The greens are tiny compared to nice country clubs and they almost invariably have been raised so if you miss a green it kicks one way or another. #2 can be really bad for that. All attempt to slope from back to front and there's not a terrible amount of break except for that. You may have noticed some of that in Round #4.

The back to front was clear. Felt a bit like Firestone where if you miss the snap its a really tough bendy putt and on challenging they are really hard.
RoyHiggi

Previous

Return to Talk About It