The joys of pro mode

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

The joys of pro mode

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun May 17, 2020 3:33 am

We all know that some miss snaps , as long as it's close, can still go exactly where they were aimed. Some days you get the luck on your side and on others you suffer the penalty as the ball drifts away from the intended target.

Today in 2 rounds the luck was with me as my approach snaps were consistently poor, I would guess 70% and a mixture of early and late. Somehow on most where it mattered I got the breaks and bearing in mind it was Prairie Dunes you need that luck as you can go offline there and face horrendous putts.

Best of the lot though a miss snap at the early reachable par 4 but in it went for an ace :lol: :lol: Then to add to insult (joy) a miss snap at the 14th went in for an eagle 2 on a par 4. Happy days.

I have often believed that there should be something inbuilt into Links that wouldn't allow a miss snap ( ammy also) to go in the hole but just not today :roll:

The same round playing a tougher mode of play might have been closer to par!!
RoyHiggi

Re: The joys of pro mode

Postby LACERS on Sun May 17, 2020 4:37 am

Well, When I was playing all the time, I had a way to detect which side of snap you were going to get the straight shot on miss snap by 1 stop. Someone posted how they figured out why it happens in Pro, so I caught onto it. Unfortunately I forgot how that came about. All I know is same person and I agreed there are at least 2 different meter habits that was put in by MS to defeat Autosnap program. The way autosnap worked was it would factor in the total time which the meter would be active, start to finish. What Microsoft did was mix up the timing with different meter speed modes, just enough to throw off autosnap to where it was not a perfect 12-6 everytime, it would miss 12-6 by 1 or two stops. Each stop on meter is less than .02 seconds difference so just a minute, virtually undetectable to the eye, variance in speed each time for the meter, killed Autosnap.
Last edited by LACERS on Sun May 17, 2020 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU overclocked to 4.4 Ghz
Asus Tuf Gaming B450 m-atx motherboard
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
Asus VG249QGR 24" 144hz IPS monitor
PNY USB 3.1 256GB flash drive
Coolermaster Masterbox Lite 3 case
LACERS

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun May 17, 2020 5:14 am

LACERS wrote:Well, When I was playing all the time, I had a way to detect which side of snap you were going to get the straight shot on miss snap by 1 stop. Someone posted how they figured out why it happens in Pro, so I caught onto it. Unfortunately I forgot how that came about. All I know is same person and I agreed there are at least 2 different meter habits that was put in by MS to defeat Autosnap program. The way autosnap worked was it would take the total time which the meter would be active, start to finish. What Microsoft did was mix up the timing with different meter speed modes, just enough to throw off autosnap to where it was not a perfect 12-6 everytime, it would miss 12-6 by 1 or two stops. Each stop on meter is less than .02 seconds difference so just a variance in speed each time for the meter will [censored] Autosnap.

Are you saying there was an autosnap programme so playing pro ( and I assume champ and elite) was the same as ammy? Really!

I remember a player who called himself autosnap.
RoyHiggi

Postby LACERS on Sun May 17, 2020 5:25 am

There was for Links 2000, I never saw it. I just figured how it could work since I was experienced in computer programming. Today I seen Mouse programs that will repeat mouse clicks for you in a specified time designation like how many seconds after you first click the mouse. Lets say it takes .96 seconds to hit Power, then .67 seconds to hit snap. You specify those times in the mouse software so when you do click to start the meter, mouse would automatically click power and snap from the time interval you put in the mouse program. I use F12 key for swinging, my guess it is more popular to program mouse buttons than keyboard.

Sorry I confused you. I just jumped out of the blue to talking about autosnap after I talked about detecting which side of snap gives straight shot. Autosnap did not figure how to detect the side of snap gives straight shot.
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
LACERS

Postby LACERS on Sun May 17, 2020 5:35 am

Someone made a rumor that if you create a new golfer that you get more breaks of shot going straight on miss snap by 1 stop. But I never believed that. Though I seen Elwood shoot 999 in Arcade Tourneys so maybe he making bad golfer stats, thinking he will get more breaks on miss snaps. lol!
XPG 512gb M.2 SSD
XPG 16gb DDR4-3000 RAM
Radeon VEGA 11 Graphics
LACERS

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun May 17, 2020 6:06 am

I just played the last round at Chapultepec and decided to nore dow my snapping. Such a pain of a course I hoped it might improve my patience.
Unlike rounds earlier my snap on T shots was very weak as I only hit 4 out of 14. You can get away with most on pro and I did. Not sure how often it went offline but only on 3 occasions did it find the rough. One was a reall horror snap so I had to chip out sideways, One was in rough and meant only a par and the other was really weird. It was in the rough but I was told it was in the fairway :shock: Played as fairway too.

The good news was I only missed snap on 7 of 18 approach shots and 3 of those missed the green. One I chipped in but the other 2 I missed birdie.

I am not sure it would help if knew which side I could miss the snap on to still go straight. I miss both sides and I don't do it on purpose! :D
RoyHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:31 am

Plenty of that luck in a few rounds! At least that's what the scores suggest but after an iffy first round I thought I would record whether I hit snaps for a couple of rounds hoping it might slow me down in play a bit and get some consistency.
Its an St Andrews Links and in round 1 I missed the fairway ( by a distance with a 3W!!) on the 2nd hole to only get par and then on the 3rd almost found rough with a miss snap late and then didnt hit the shot I wanted to but it went in for an albatross. It was flying :roll:

So the next 2 rounds I recorded and although I only missed 1 fairway in the 2 rounds I only managed 16 snaps out of 28 ( excluding par 3's) Approaches were appalling ( including par 3's) 14 out of 36.

My best hole ( apart from the alby) was hole 7 in round 2. A wild snap went away right ,hit a mound and booiinged into play by about a foot. A miss snap 2nd went in for eagle.

I did manage to miss 3 bad putts , one from 6 feet but equally managed 2 long ones for eagles in round 3 after poor approaches.

It's a loony game :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby Pitch on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:29 am

Sounds like you are having fun and are challenged .
At least challenge i. hitting the bloody snap :)

In the other event in pro I see 4 rds pro with par or better in each and every hole... again.
Has someone found a cheat at last .
Always thought it wasnt possible in this game , but know I wonder .. :shock:
O
Pitch

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:45 pm

Pitch wrote:Sounds like you are having fun and are challenged .

In the other event in pro I see 4 rds pro with par or better in each and every hole... again.
O

Just struggling at the mo to be really consistent. Some of the snaps are a joke and very costly but also missing silly putts. 10 and 6 feet in one round made me tear my non existant hair out :lol:

No bogeys in a round isn't that surprising or even over 4 rounds I guess. It was more than likely back in the day on an easy course and this week the 2 main events are quite easy. -90 at Bull Run would not surprise me.
RoyHiggi

Postby Pitch on Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:12 pm

O

EDIT .. wrote it wrong

.....4 pro rds with only BIRDS or better ? not too bad
Pitch

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Pitch wrote:

O

EDIT .. wrote it wrong

Knew you meant that :lol: From one of the aliases maybe?
RoyHiggi

Postby Blade on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:46 pm

Weekly Installment of Roy's favorite topic "ROY" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry Roy - couldn't resist
Blade

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:23 pm

Blade wrote:Weekly Installment of Roy's favorite topic "ROY" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry Roy - couldn't resist

It's cricket really now that we won something :lol:
RoyHiggi

Postby Pitch on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:46 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
Pitch wrote:
At least challenge i. hitting the bloody snap :) ......

Knew you meant that :lol: From one of the aliases maybe?

Yes , but could be the same .. DBWP / McLovin are fx. if any interest.
Never understood the muteness on this board unless its fishy.
O
Pitch

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:00 am

Yes , but could be the same .. DBWP / McLovin are fx. if any interest.
Never understood the muteness on this board unless its fishy.
O[/quote]

fx?
RoyHiggi

Next

Return to Talk About It