Chapultepec

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Chapultepec

Postby GoesForIt on Mon May 18, 2020 8:57 am

I've not heard back from Mark on fillers until the pro tour starts again.

I sent him a filler course for this Thursday. I'm not sure if he'll use it or not. All the pin positions are fair for conditions.
GoesForIt

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon May 18, 2020 9:44 am

GoesForIt wrote:I've not heard back from Mark on fillers until the pro tour starts again.

I sent him a filler course for this Thursday. I'm not sure if he'll use it or not. All the pin positions are fair for conditions.

Cheers GFI , appreciate all the effort
RoyHiggi

Postby Mississippi on Mon May 18, 2020 12:30 pm

GoesForIt wrote:I've not heard back from Mark on fillers until the pro tour starts again.

He has alluded to the venue's with this statement "This will include RBC Canadian Open and Barbosol."

As far as Chapultepec goes, I can't figure out why anyone would want to play a venue that plays 15-20% longer here than in real life due to elevation.
Mississippi

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed May 20, 2020 12:45 pm

BruMu wrote:I play Champ Classic on the Chal Tour - Chapultepec is one tough course. Very narrow Fwy's with plenty of trees and some of those greens are downright scary. :)

I managed a 69 in rnd 1, 5 birdies and 3 bogies, including the Par 5 6th...ugh.

I shudder to think what putting will be like in rnd 4 with M/c F/c settings. :shock:

All good fun, will finish out the Tournament for sure. :D

Good luck if you do finish but I can assure you the last round might be totally brutal and unless you have your A game Plus it won't be fun. I just played it and I would say I putted out of this world as some of the greens were a joke. I reckon I holed about 6 or 7 putts where a miss would have been at least two more with the ball careering back to your feet and beyond.
RoyHiggi

Postby BruMu on Wed May 20, 2020 1:49 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
BruMu wrote:I play Champ Classic on the Chal Tour - Chapultepec is one tough course. Very narrow Fwy's with plenty of trees and some of those greens are downright scary. :)

I managed a 69 in rnd 1, 5 birdies and 3 bogies, including the Par 5 6th...ugh.

I shudder to think what putting will be like in rnd 4 with M/c F/c settings. :shock:

All good fun, will finish out the Tournament for sure. :D

Good luck if you do finish but I can assure you the last round might be totally brutal and unless you have your A game Plus it won't be fun. I just played it and I would say I putted out of this world as some of the greens were a joke. I reckon I holed about 6 or 7 putts where a miss would have been at least two more with the ball careering back to your feet and beyond.

Thanks for the heads up - I pulled the plug on finishing this Tournament - no need to embarrass myself any further. :)
These are the "Good Ole Days", just wait and see.
BruMu

Previous

Return to Talk About It