Game Lobby

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Game Lobby

Postby Volseg on Mon May 04, 2020 2:20 pm

Seeing as how I assume no one uses Kali anymore, I tried going into Game Lobby on this site but am always the only one in there.

What's the easiest way to find online matches now?

Volseg (formerly Cseguin from the Kali days)

p.s. Just picked Links Ls up again a month ago after many years off.
Volseg

Re: Game Lobby

Postby Mississippi on Mon May 04, 2020 3:49 pm

Mississippi

Postby JPG81 on Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 am

I have question about Game Ranger. Just found out about today and signed up. Worked fine had a practice game no problem.
My question I notice there is more than one Links 2003 listed. What are the differences? Also I play as pro and am not very good compared to most average gae range -6 to even par. Is there a place to find competition at the not so good level.
Thanks for any help you can give.
JPG81

Postby Mississippi on Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 pm

JPG81 wrote:I have question about Game Ranger. Just found out about today and signed up. Worked fine had a practice game no problem.
My question I notice there is more than one Links 2003 listed. What are the differences? Also I play as pro and am not very good compared to most average gae range -6 to even par. Is there a place to find competition at the not so good level.

Its been awhile since i played at game ranger JPG ... i would guess they are just different people who set up a game and are awaiting someone to join them. As far as a place to find the competition playing in the par to -6 range that might be difficult to achieve unless you found someone who has just started playing. Links 2k3 turns 18 in a month or 2 and there were a few previous versions. Most left are us diehards who started before links 2k3 came out. Your best bet is to get someone to show you some of the basics about the game while out on the course with them. That would allow you to progress at a much quicker rate with a little practice.
Mississippi

Postby Ben Jammin on Tue May 12, 2020 11:31 pm

Feel free to look me up on there. Same name as here if you do a search and friend me. As Mississippi says most are long time players who have groups of friends and play well. If ever included is fun to play, they are a pleasant bunch, just be fast and courteous as you can :)
Ben Jammin

Postby KunkleMan on Wed May 13, 2020 4:34 am

JPG81 wrote:I have question about Game Ranger. Just found out about today and signed up. Worked fine had a practice game no problem.

Another option---you could set up your own matches with an ani who is playing at champ level. Should be competitive. Don't need Game Ranger for that.
Also could play some of the tournaments at this site and aim to compete with someone who is close to your scores.

On Game Ranger, set up your own game and indicate you're a "newbie" and see who joins.
KunkleMan

Return to Talk About It