Sawgrass

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Sawgrass

Postby BruMu on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:07 am

Is anyone else having a problem trying to play the Players? I have TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course 2007, downloaded by using the link from "course and conditions".

However, when attempting to play, a window opens saying a compatible course was not found, and the window lists TPC Sawgrass, TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course 2007, TPC Sawgrass 2008.

Too many different versions I think. The 2008 ver cannot be found as far as I can tell.

Tks
Bruce
These are the "Good Ole Days", just wait and see.
BruMu

Re: Sawgrass

Postby Mississippi on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:50 pm

links don't care how many different versions of a course are installed, i have 6 different Augusta National versions. It does however require you to restart links after adding courses via the in-game course manager in order to not get the course not found message.
Mississippi

Postby BruMu on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:56 pm

Yes, I'm aware of that, thank you. Doesn't make a difference, still not recognizing the course.
BruMu

Postby Mississippi on Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:08 pm

Well since there are plenty playing, as long as you know the problem is on your end, it's all good. I see you have been around for years so i won't go thru the steps to correct your problem and will instead wish you luck on tracking it down quickly and head off to play.
Mississippi

Postby pmgolf on Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Stephen Smith got this message when he tried to play the Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass 2008:

s_061.jpg
s_061.jpg (47.63 KB) Viewed 8422 times

The LSPN Link was pointing to the wrong version: the 2007 version. In the World Tour Forum, I posted a link to the correct file on my DropBox. But you already know that, don't you. :? He downloaded it and now he has played 3 rounds.

Pete
World Tour
pmgolf

Postby Mississippi on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:04 pm

I see where the problem is, BruMu posted in the links tour forum instead of the world tour forum.
Mississippi

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:28 pm

BruMu wrote:Is anyone else having a problem trying to play the Players? I have TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course 2007, downloaded by using the link from "course and conditions".

However, when attempting to play, a window opens saying a compatible course was not found, and the window lists TPC Sawgrass, TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course 2007, TPC Sawgrass 2008.

same here Bruce..... WTF just downloaded the Sawgrass course as given in the Link, and go to tee off ........ no compatible course FOUND :o :(

and i get the exact pop up message as PMGOLF posted ..........

maybe its the Corona virus causing havoc......in DIGITAL form :lol:

R.
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby BruMu on Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:13 am

Mississippi wrote:Well since there are plenty playing, as long as you know the problem is on your end, it's all good. I see you have been around for years so i won't go thru the steps to correct your problem and will instead wish you luck on tracking it down quickly and head off to play.

The problem is not on my end, it is on the LSPN Tour's end. The link they provide to the course for the tour is a link to an incorrect course.
BruMu

Postby Mississippi on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:46 am

BruMu wrote:The problem is not on my end, it is on the LSPN Tour's end. The link they provide to the course for the tour is a link to an incorrect course.

Lets get some facts straight.
#1) The Tournament in question is not a LSPN tour Tournament it is a World tour arcade tournament. There is a difference.

#2) Each tour with the exception of the LSPN tour, has its own forum where problems with individual tournaments should be discussed. It's each tour directors responsibility to make sure tournaments are set up correctly and the correct courses are adopted. In other words you should have contacted pmgolf instead of posting on a forum running a Players tourney using TPC at Sawgrass Stadium course 2007 without problems at the time of your post.

#3) The box that opened up to tell you you didn't have all suitable courses needed, DID tell you what 3 courses you need to play in said tourney. Looking back at your original post it appears you did know which course you were missing. Sometimes life requires more problem solving skills than pushing a little green arrow.
Mississippi

Postby BruMu on Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:18 am

Mississippi wrote:
BruMu wrote:The problem is not on my end, it is on the LSPN Tour's end. The link they provide to the course for the tour is a link to an incorrect course.

#1) The Tournament in question is not a LSPN tour Tournament it is a World tour arcade tournament. There is a difference.

#2) Each tour with the exception of the LSPN tour, has its own forum where problems with individual tournaments should be discussed. It's each tour directors responsibility to make sure tournaments are set up correctly and the correct courses are adopted. In other words you should have contacted pmgolf instead of posting on a forum running a Players tourney using TPC at Sawgrass Stadium course 2007 without problems at the time of your post.

#3) The box that opened up to tell you you didn't have all suitable courses needed, DID tell you what 3 courses you need to play in said tourney. Looking back at your original post it appears you did know which course you were missing. Sometimes life requires more problem solving skills than pushing a little green arrow.

Yes, get your facts straight. I am Talking about the PLSA Players Championship Tournament, Not the World Tour Arcade event. That is the Tournament I was talking about when I started this thread. Thus, it is in the correct forum.

Yes, the window that opens shows the 3 courses used for the event, one of which I have. I got it by following the download link that is provided by LSPN when you open the course/conditions window. So therefore, the problem lies with LSPN for providing a link to a course that won't play for the PLSA Players Championship.

Again, I am not playing or talking about the World Tour arcade event, I am talking about the LSPN PLSA Players Championship.

Whatever led you to believe I was talking about the World Tour?
Last edited by BruMu on Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BruMu

Postby BruMu on Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:43 am

JackRussellTerror wrote:
BruMu wrote:Is anyone else having a problem trying to play the Players? I have TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course 2007, downloaded by using the link from "course and conditions".

same here Bruce..... WTF just downloaded the Sawgrass course as given in the Link, and go to tee off ........ no compatible course FOUND :o :(

and i get the exact pop up message as PMGOLF posted ..........

maybe its the Corona virus causing havoc......in DIGITAL form :lol:

R.

A copy of the 2008 ver has been made available at Links Corner now - enjoy.
BruMu

Postby BruMu on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:43 pm

Mississippi wrote:I see where the problem is, BruMu posted in the links tour forum instead of the world tour forum.

No problem at all, I posted in the Links Tour Forum because I'm inquiring about the Links Tour PLSA event this week.
BruMu

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:43 pm

Mississippi wrote:

well ! i dunno, because i'm OLD, i don't understand ANYTHING, but .........

all i know is i wanted to tee off in the LSPN event of the week OWNED by LSTOURADMIN (as it says on the Current Events tab), with the schedualed course as "TPC at Sawgrass - Stadium Course 2007 " - see my attachment below !

i downloaded the course given with the Link, installed it, went to tee off in the LSPN Event at Sawgrass and it says "Course not found ......"

anyhoo, i went to https://linkscorner.org/courses/index.php and ended up downloading every course with 'Sawgrass' in its name - ending up with THREE ! downloaded the 3, installed em, and ended up FINALLY teeing off on one of em in the stated LSPN Event for the week.......

the WWW Link for the given course on the Current Events page is obviously WRONG !

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (127.86 KB) Viewed 8350 times
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Mississippi on Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:25 pm

BruMu wrote:Yes, get your facts straight. I am Talking about the PLSA Players Championship Tournament, Not the World Tour Arcade event. That is the Tournament I was talking about when I started this thread. Thus, it is in the correct forum.

Yes, the window that opens shows the 3 courses used for the event, one of which I have. I got it by following the download link that is provided by LSPN when you open the course/conditions window. So therefore, the problem lies with LSPN for providing a link to a course that won't play for the PLSA Players Championship.

Again, I am not playing or talking about the World Tour arcade event, I am talking about the LSPN PLSA Players Championship.

Whatever led you to believe I was talking about the World Tour?

What led me to believe it was a world tour event instead of the links tour plsa is the 3 different courses in the course not found box and pmgolf saying he had put a link in that forum and the talk of the 2008 version.

Now i check my course manager and check if i have the needed course before entering tournaments so i didn't encounter a in-game course not found message, but i did have to install this version to play this week and used Marks link to links corner from the pro level course #1769 and i checked that the ammy level sent me to the same course and i encountered zero problems i was on the course playing inside of 5 minutes of hitting the green arrow. For the record there is no 2008 version installed on my game either its not needed.

So yes you were in the right forum and i apologize, but without counting challenging there are 60 golfers playing in the ammy and pro events and the number that has encountered problems is at 3 from what i can tell. You, JackRussellTerror, and Steven Smith.

Those type numbers indicate installation problems to me.
Mississippi

Postby Blade on Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:18 pm

Time to move on Chaps :wink:
Blade

Next

Return to Talk About It