PLSA This week (Honda Classic)

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA This week (Honda Classic)

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:21 pm

One thing I'm happiest about the final rendition of PGA National is that it plays in Links so much like it plays in real life. If you can hit a high % of fairways and greens you can score well. If you're missing fairways, it's unlikely that you're hitting greens and there's a TON of trouble waiting for you.

Man, this was proven by JimButcher in Champ mode hitting EVERY fairway and missing only one green... resulting in a fabulous 57.

I, on the other hand, hit only 11 of 14 fairways and as a result only 12 of 18 greens resulting in only -4.

So, there's your tip of the day. Stay in the fairway.
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA This week (Honda Classic)

Postby Harpo on Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:08 pm

True, although he is using RTS so it is easier I think to hit the fairways.
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:09 am

13 Players under par at IRL Honda Classic. All withing 4 strokes of the lead. Should be a great finish.

I guess I can see why so many top ranked players skip this one. It can be quite embarrassing... just ask Ricky Fowler and a host of others who missed the cut.

Through 3 rounds my swing has tightened up... missing the snap and more and more greens. When you see the price you can pay for missing the fairway, it tenses you up a bit.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Not tooting my own horn, but I must toot Glenn Braden's horn on the final product of PGA National. I'm watching on TV and all the planting that Glenn did is perfectly spot on.

I guess my big contribution was paying for and installing the strakaline contours to the greens. they putt pretty easy for Links unless you're M(C)/F(C) or F(C)/F(C). I always shy away from F(C)/F(C) because it puts the speed at about 18 which I don't think is realistic.

Anyway, I hope you're enjoying this week.
GoesForIt

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:23 pm

So weird. I shoot -10 overall and was -8 on the Bear Trap holes.

BruMu and JimButcher are shooting some fantastic scores out there. Thanks for playing guys.
GoesForIt

Postby GoBucks on Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:43 am

GoesForIt wrote:One thing I'm happiest about the final rendition of PGA National

It's a beta version
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:22 am

GoBucks wrote:
GoesForIt wrote:One thing I'm happiest about the final rendition of PGA National

It's a beta version

And this BETA is also the FINAL as I explained in this post...

https://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopi ... nal#p97076

" this course, but it will be the last upgrade. The chronology is 1) I did the course with advice from Glenn, 2) Glenn wanted to make some enhancements so I shipped him my latest version, 3) Glenn brought it to the point you're playing, 4) Glenn lost the hard drive where it was stored. Because of the hidden files of the APCD, Glenn never thought he could ship it back to me after he finished."
GoesForIt

Postby GoBucks on Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:46 pm

That's a shame. It could be so much more enjoyable, I would think. Did you save a version of it?
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Return to Talk About It