Mossy Oaks 2

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Mossy Oaks 2

Postby Westview on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:03 am

Had alot of fun playing this one. :D
Great job on this course Doug. All par 5's are reachable with second shots at about 250 Yds on a bumpy fairway make for great fun!
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

tks

Postby MasterMontgomery on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:58 pm

Thanks for the nice comments. Glad you had fun.

Doug :D
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue May 22, 2007 2:22 am

Just finished my first tourney at Mossy Oaks and would agree it was a fun challenge. I think it is a good course for elite too.
T shots were difficult but the fairways wide enough to mean that every miss snap doesnt automatically find trouble if you think about where you are aiming.
Rolling fairways so that you virtually never get a flat lie and sometimes get really nasty slopes to deal with. I know some don't like those shots where you have to aim into a different county but for me its all part of the challenge.
Tough pin positions either tucked in behind sand , tightish to one side or simply on greens with plenty of slopes to deal with. Two putting rarely straightforward and if you miss greens the up and downs requiring real thought and skill.
Reachable par 5's but get the T or approach wrong and you may have to settle for a par.

Good combinations to make a good challenge. Cheers Doug.
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Tue May 22, 2007 2:35 am

I surely agree with Roy here Doug. Very nice course. Also a lot of second shots to the par 4's are long irons which makes it very challenging in elite. Add the long par 3's and I was supprised to stay within 15 of Roy. :shock: Sorry to hear you and the Mrs. and going to stop making courses but I know how time consumming it is.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Tue May 22, 2007 7:29 am

as the other members remark, mossy oaks is an artistically designed and rendered venue, and i plan to use it this summer in the champ level Invitational no reQ series. the montgomery's previous release, carver links, is also a consistently interesting, playable, and beautifully rendered course. hopefully they'll take a break, and then go back to work when they feel the time is right, because they have now got the apcd design thing down solid. it would be a shame for the game to lose their mature design talents. lw

tks

Postby MasterMontgomery on Tue May 22, 2007 4:57 pm

Thanks for the remarks, it means alot.
Also Helms Head will be released shortly, followed
by Higgi's Park around x-mas

:D Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Return to Talk About It