2019 President's Cup

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

2019 President's Cup

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:35 am

I must say, in watching the RL President's Cup, the greens in the Links version are much more tame by comparison.

I've seen a lot of APCD renditions of REAL courses where the designer toughens the greens to make it harder for Links. Not so with Royal Melbourne.

As bad as I putt, it's a relief for me.
GoesForIt

Re: 2019 President's Cup

Postby rwoodworkr on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Wow, totally forgot how to putt s(c)/s(c). Finally got some semblance of a round going on the back 9, but also forgot how to hit my driver. :lol:
I remember back before I joined LSPN, I didn't realize there was a challenging mode. I can't imagine putting soft/slow in non-challenging now.
rwoodworkr

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:45 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:Wow, totally forgot how to putt s(c)/s(c). Finally got some semblance of a round going on the back 9, but also forgot how to hit my driver. :lol:
I remember back before I joined LSPN, I didn't realize there was a challenging mode. I can't imagine putting soft/slow in non-challenging now.

Well, had I had prior knowledge, I'd have to have used Firm(C)/Fast(C) for all 4 rounds. I did go progressively faster round to round ending up with Firm(C)/Fast(C).

Oddly, to me, there are 14 Pros and 7 Amateurs playing in the non-Challenging mode. They will need/needed sledge hammers for Round 1.

Switching to Challenging for me was... challenging :D . But it's so much more realistic, I could never go back.
GoesForIt

Postby Mississippi on Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:08 pm

GoesForIt wrote:
Oddly, to me, there are 14 Pros and 7 Amateurs playing in the non-Challenging mode. They will need/needed sledge hammers for Round 1.

Nah...we just hit our approach shots past the hole so it spins back inside 10 ft of the hole, many times in gimmie range.
Mississippi

Postby GoesForIt on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:23 am

rwoodworkr wrote:Wow, totally forgot how to putt s(c)/s(c). Finally got some semblance of a round going on the back 9, but also forgot how to hit my driver. :lol:

Door's wide open Rick. 14 GIR... and a +2 to show for it. I've not played F(C)/F(C) for a while and I should have played a practice round.
GoesForIt

Postby rwoodworkr on Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:48 am

Thirdeye is certainly not blind.
All kinds of trouble for me on the greens. If you're not directly below the hole, putting is very dicey. It's going to be fun trying to catch you in the 4th round, Doug.
rwoodworkr

Return to Talk About It