Holes that give you chills

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Holes that give you chills

Postby Mississippi on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 pm

I was playing round one of the flight tourney this week when the hairs on the back of my neck stood up as i stood in the fairway getting ready to hit my 3 wood into the par 5 15th green. Anyone who has ever gone a little too far left on that approach knows why Barton Creek Fazio is known as the foothills course since the best way to get out of the valley of death as it has been called over the years is to hit the pick up ball button and take the 13 strokes.
Back in the Greenkeeps days i remember Annika taking a 16 on that hole in a multiplayer match and she was pretty good. Luckily as a lefty i have to be really drunk to even worry about it as i would have to be very late on my snap.

It made me wonder what other holes give you linksters the chills as you step up to a shot.

PS: did y'all see the new donate button on the home and current events pages?
Mississippi

Re: Holes that give you chills

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:57 am

How about hole 3 at Firestone with soft greens and the pin at the back of the green or at the top of the cliff. :shock:

Or 18 at Bountiful with the pin at the back. 11 at Bountiful isn't much fun either when the pin is in a certain position.

That one at Barton can of course be a nightmare but it does take a really bad shot to go that far left.These 3 holes you can hit a near perfect shot and end up miles away even if you end up on the green
RoyHiggi

Postby Bassmaster on Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:00 am

Mississippi wrote:I was playing round one of the flight tourney this week when the hairs on the back of my neck stood up as i stood in the fairway getting ready to hit my 3 wood into the par 5 15th green. Anyone who has ever gone a little too far left on that approach knows why Barton Creek Fazio is known as the foothills course since the best way to get out of the valley of death as it has been called over the years is to hit the pick up ball button and take the 13 strokes.
Back in the Greenkeeps days i remember Annika taking a 16 on that hole in a multiplayer match and she was pretty good.

I played a head-to-head match against Annika a long time ago and I to remember that she hit short on that hole and it took her for ever to get out of it.

The 18th hole at Devils Island. You can hit a real nice shot into the green and have backspin off of the green and on down the hill.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby MasterMontgomery on Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:54 am

The 15th at Barton. Yes, I hit to the left of it once, and what a mess.
I could not hit over the trees so I turned 180 degrees and hit backwards
about 180 yards away from the green. I was then able to hit a 6w
over the trees. May have made a 9 or 10

Doug :lol:
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby JackRussellTerror on Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:15 am

Mississippi wrote:It made me wonder what other holes give you linksters the chills as you step up to a shot.

the par 3 14th hole at Devils Island gives me the willies every time I step on the tee.....ESPECIALLY when the pin is set on the LEFT half of the green. sometimes I just hit a straight shot to the safe RIGHT half, chip to the pin on the LEFT side, one putt for a PAR ! take a par there on 14 and walk to the 15th tee. Safe as.........

I know Roy wont be interested in my comment here, being Devils Island and all that LOL :wink:
good luck Roy in the Rugby World Cup final.........England were EXCELLANT against New Zuland

:P
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:18 am

JackRussellTerror wrote:
Mississippi wrote:It made me wonder what other holes give you linksters the chills as you step up to a shot.

the par 3 14th hole at Devils Island gives me the willies every time I step on the tee.....ESPECIALLY when the pin is set on the LEFT half of the green. sometimes I just hit a straight shot to the safe RIGHT half, chip to the pin on the LEFT side, one putt for a PAR ! take a par there on 14 and walk to the 15th tee. Safe as.........

I know Roy wont be interested in my comment here, being Devils Island and all that LOL :wink:
good luck Roy in the Rugby World Cup final.........England were EXCELLANT against New Zuland

:P

Correct about Devils :D

Thanks re the rugby. we got it right v the All [censored] didn't we ?
RoyHiggi

Return to Talk About It