Frustrating, server down for the 100th time

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Frustrating, server down for the 100th time

Postby Drpinseeker on Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:15 pm

Ok, we all have been REALLY patient with the sale and the beta site and the server going down but come on guys..........this is very FRUSTRATING..........the weekend when most people play and NOTHING......no response from the administration...this is enough to tick Ghandi off..........
Drpinseeker

Postby Jucklebutt on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:15 pm

I have always been taught that patience is a virtue :wink:
Remind me again just how much you are paying to play on the server!! :)
Jucklebutt

Postby Drpinseeker on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:31 pm

well I've been playing this game since 99......and if I had to pay for consistancy....I would.....but if people keep saying soon....soon....then....4 months...or so....isn't SOON.....
Drpinseeker

Postby Vibes on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:33 pm

I think saying it's the 100th time is a bit of an over exageration
There were a few teething problems early on, but it's been a pretty stable private server I'm not complaining.
Cheers
Vibes
Vibes

Postby Jucklebutt on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:42 pm

Drpinseeker wrote:well I've been playing this game since 99......and if I had to pay for consistancy....I would.....but if people keep saying soon....soon....then....4 months...or so....isn't SOON.....

Well tbh maybe you should play a different game! :roll:
If it wasn't for Mark and crew, you probably wouldn't even have the opportunity to even be posting that!

And personally since the beta has been running I reckon I could count on one hand the amount of times I've been unable to play :)
Jucklebutt

Postby Drpinseeker on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:56 pm

blah....blah...blah....
Drpinseeker

Postby RenaMac on Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:39 pm

Hey guys; let's keep cool. Factually speaking, and depending on where one is located, it's not too inaccurate to state that the server has been "down" (that is, unavailable to someone trying to connect) 100 times this year. Some folk have experienced very little difficulty; others a lot. Expressing frustration is natural, especially when there's no information on the problem, and it's not about the server not costing anything; Links and downloads and our puters and our commitment do cost something, even if Mark's not charging for it. Let's all hang in together, tho' :)
RenaMac

Postby Coopers_PaleAle on Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:21 pm

What it looks like in links 2003 at the moment - very very quiet

CHEERS
TOM

Coopers_PaleAle

Postby djwoods10 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:12 am

these guys are working there butts off trying to get this thing going it not there fault a certain company dose updates and causes the server to go down mark will have it going as soon as posible just like he always dose so quit your winning and let him do his work some thing he didnt even have to start
just play and have fun - don
djwoods10

Postby RenaMac on Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:23 am

djwoods10 wrote: so quit your winning and let him do his work some thing he didnt even have to start

Honey; I assume you mean "whining" - which no one is doing, anyway. They're just expressing frustration at another "down", whatever the reason. As for whether Mark "had" to start the new site; that's irrelevant to people's expectations once he chose to do it. Now he has to shake it or bake it. That's called ethics and commitment. I think he'll do it. Stay cool 8)
RenaMac

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:46 am

It's a shame it's down and just a little disappointing that we don't know why or what the progress to date is ( i.e. likley date for the new tour to be with us. The good thing is it gives me time to do other things I should do anyway. The bad thing is though that I get tempted to a different game which could..........................................
RoyHiggi

Postby RenaMac on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:48 am

RoyHiggi wrote:It's a shame it's down and just a little disappointing that we don't know why or what the progress to date is ( i.e. likley date for the new tour to be with us. The good thing is it gives me time to do other things I should do anyway. The bad thing is though that I get tempted to a different game which could..........................................

Don't say it, Roy :shock:
RenaMac

Postby MAD_Black_Beard on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:11 am

Roy...bloddy nooooooooooooooooooooooooahhhh

its not woth it!
MAD_Black_Beard

Postby conure58 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:24 am

Nice picture-Pale Ale..The server being down for a while is nothing compared to not having a server at all..At least we know it'll be back up again eventually today, I hope (think, pray).. :lol:
conure58

Postby Crissy on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:33 am

I have always played both games, so its not a big deal to me, one or the other is always working. 2007 ( Its only available in the UK yet - kind-a maybe not really ) is not to much different then 2006 although its more polished and smoother running. The graphics are somewhat better also I would say.

Call me when we are back up and running I will be over at the other guys place. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Next

Return to Talk About It