Getting impatient !!!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Do we need a ranking system ?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:51 pm

No need for ranks and flights im content !
14%
Yes we need ranks and flights back, im getting bored!
68%
Bring back a ranking system, even if Canuck has to set up the tournaments!
12%
Im getting so bored im gonna start chipping on the greens !
4%

Total votes : 63

Getting impatient !!!

Postby canuck on Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:51 pm

trying to set up a poll here :oops: ... the 5th option was , that Terrell and Chip_Jett kiss and makeup !! :lol:
canuck

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:50 am

i voted to bring back the ranking system, even if canuck had to set up the tournaments. but in actuality, i've been playing v1.06 and the new courses, and hadn't even noticed no rankings (usually indicative of us bottom dwellers). (8

edit: oh, and i'd prefer to kiss a water buffalo's hind end (though they're similar). and that ain't gonna happen soon either.
terrell

Ranking system

Postby Hoosiergun on Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:00 pm

The Old lstour Ranking system never was true, The only way it will be right is all people have to play in the same events, like PGA, you dont have to play in all of them but there should be a Schedule of upcomining tourneys. That how ranking should be done it should be a true Tour
Hoosiergun

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:18 am

while i was one who constantly pointed out the problem areas in the old ranking system, the fact is, that most players were ranked pretty much where they belonged after about 10 weeks, cherrypicking and all. for sure, no one ever became a stud by working the system. the real rooks were in certain scoring properties of the handicap events (when they were working properly), but were not usually the fault of any players trying for unfair advantage, most of whom were playing it strictly by hoyle.

absolutely, the ranking system ought to be back. it's what we're all waiting for. (lol) just don't expect it to be just like it was before. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Chip_Jett on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:44 am

Why would i want to make up with a pompus egotistical jerk. This boy definately has issues. Maybe he wouldn't be so uptight about this game if he found a girlfriend instead of relying on rosey palm. But when your inlove with yourself i guess that's the course you take

Also i agree with Hoosier on this one.
Chip_Jett

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:56 am

Chip_Jett wrote:Why would i want to make up with a pompus egotistical jerk. This boy definately has issues. Maybe he wouldn't be so uptight about this game if he found a girlfriend instead of relying on rosey palm. But when your inlove with yourself i guess that's the course you take

Also i agree with Hoosier on this one.

This, coming from a guy whose last e r e c t i o n wasn't even your own :shock:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:30 am

one absolute truth about all the ranking systems used from the yesteryear access site until the indiebuilt end, was that those who complained about whatever system was in place seemed to feel that they (and, of course, everybody else) were getting a raw deal, even though at the end of every season they (and everybody else) wound up ranked almost identically as in all previous seasons, no matter what the ranking criteria.

that's the interesting result of all the tinkering with ranking criteria: the few real studs are still the same elite players, noncompletion penalties et al, and the rest of us always fall into that universal standard distribution of ability, in which we each always finally find our natural place every season, and which is always almost exactly the same. lw

________
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Chip_Jett on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:37 am

[quote="tryandtyoneon"][quote="Chip_Jett"]Why would i want to make up with a pompus egotistical jerk. This boy definately has issues. Maybe he wouldn't be so uptight about this game if he found a girlfriend instead of relying on rosey palm. But when your inlove with yourself i guess that's the course you take

Also i agree with Hoosier on this one.[/quote]

This, coming from a guy whose last e r e c t i o n wasn't even your own :shock:[/quote]

Terrells B I T C H to the rescue. :roll: I guess he has a mate after all. :lol:
Chip_Jett

Postby Bruce Bo on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:19 am

since i dont know you all as well as you all know each other (thank goodness) ;)
i'm assuming this is all in good fun - right?

but is anyone answering the poll? or is this a secret way to open a topic for bashing?
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:03 am

bruce, this is an odd thread: the philosophers wedged between those off their meds. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Bruce Bo on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:13 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:bruce, this is an odd thread: the philosophers wedged between those off their meds. lw

hahaha... ok.. i'll let it run its course.. for a while~
we all need to clear out the pipes occaisionally :P
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby Pas11 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Why is everyone picking on Chip-Jett?
He was a great sport when he thrashed me in a pro match game.
He is good!!
Terry
Pas11

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:14 pm

The way this forum is going / has gone unless i recognise the author I won't look at it at all as there are so many creepin in that we just don't want here. Can they not be stopped?
RoyHiggi

Postby Chip_Jett on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:05 pm

[quote="Pas11"]Why is everyone picking on Chip-Jett?
He was a great sport when he thrashed me in a pro match game.
He is good!![/quote]

I like to know too Mr. Pas. I have never gotten personal with anyone here until i was attacked myself. Maybe some peeps spend so much time here they think they own the website and can say whatever they want to whomever they please. If i disagree with someone i'll explain why and not make it personal. Btw thx for the game , you played great!
Chip_Jett

Postby canuck on Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:33 pm

if any of you get this thread pulled , im gonna be mightly upset :wink:
so keep it civil or start your own thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris
canuck

Next

Return to Talk About It