Mod Reminder

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:37 am

as i remarked, changes in the properties of the current two links playing patches in the near future on this tour are highly unlikely. hypothetical hysterical projections of doom are just that: low percentile probability hysteria. lw

_____
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Crissy on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:40 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote:as i remarked, changes in the properties of the current two links playing patches in the near future on this tour are highly unlikely. hypothetical hysterical projections of doom are just that: low percentile probability hysteria. lw

_____

That may very well be true but when I see the potential for unforeseen disaster, I have to speak up. lol
Crissy

Postby KCJammer on Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:56 am

Larry_Warrilow wrote: ... the 1.06ers would scream miscegination ...

I believe this to be a physical impossibility.

I can't even whisper miscegination.
KCJammer

Postby Bluenoser on Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:07 am

KCJammer wrote:
Larry_Warrilow wrote: ... the 1.06ers would scream miscegination ...

I believe this to be a physical impossibility.

I can't even whisper miscegination.

Before you can even whisper it, it has to be spelled correctly. "miscegenation".

Not that that makes it any easier to say... :)
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby KCJammer on Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:16 am

Have to admit ... lw had me scampering to my Funk & Wagnals.

No wonder I couldn't find it in there ... :lol:

Nice catch Bruce!
KCJammer

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:35 am

I don't mind having a dictionary next my pc for lw's posts, but the least he could do is check the spelling :wink:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby LH13241 on Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:48 am

Crissy wrote:That may very well be true but when I see the potential for unforeseen disaster, I have to speak up. lol

Sure would like to know what kind of unforeseen disaster you are referring to!!

All I see is a much better game with more possibilities. Just with the MOD, it revived my interest in the game, like lots of people.

LH
LH13241

Postby Bluenoser on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:35 am

LH13241 wrote:Sure would like to know what kind of unforeseen disaster you are referring to!!

I think she's refering to "Criminals" taking over Links Golf.. :mrgreen:
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby Crissy on Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:37 am

LH13241 wrote:
Crissy wrote:That may very well be true but when I see the potential for unforeseen disaster, I have to speak up. lol

Sure would like to know what kind of unforeseen disaster you are referring to!!

All I see is a much better game with more possibilities. Just with the MOD, it revived my interest in the game, like lots of people.

LH

The unforeseen disaster may be. ( Read below lol )

You cant mess with the core of the game its against the law without owning the game or at least having the owners permission. The same as it would be if you messed with a locked APCD course, or any other piece of software that you do not own for that matter.

So unless these laws are followed your breaking the law. So my point is I don’t want to have to load Links and find any third party half baked piece of software in there in order to play this Tour or any other for that mater. If anyone wants to add stuff later then so be it, marry the mod if you like I don’t care. lol All I want is to be able to play this Tour or any other the way Links was intended to be played by the people that designed it. What you or anyone else does after that makes no matter to me in the simple least.

I am not saying the mod is bad, I am just saying I don’t want the thing in my game and don’t think I should have to load Links and have to look at it. And there is no one here that can say I don’t like it because I cant play it, the last time I loaded it I shot -17 or -18 my first round I played. Even playing pro Power Stroke on the same course I shot -14. So I can assure you for top players its not a very big deal at all if I can do it. ( They just don't like it ) As I once said before you can do what you want the best players will always be the best players, thats just the way it is.

I find the mod funny to tell you the truth, the people that should play it don’t like it and wont play it and the people that should never play it love it and push it and push it every chance they get, go figure.

So to make a long story short if a new unofficial update is made, with the mod included as long as I or others don’t have to add to our game to play here. ( Is that to much to ask ? ) I wish you and the rest of the modsters all the best.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby KCJammer on Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:20 pm

Crissy wrote:I find the mod funny to tell you the truth, the people that should play it don’t like it and wont play it and the people that should never play it love it and push it and push it every chance they get, go figure.

I'm trying to follow what you're saying, and I thought I was staying with you until I got to the passage above.

What do you mean when you refer to "the people that should play it" and "the people that should never play it."

Sorry, but I lost you back at the light, lol.
KCJammer

Postby terrell on Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:36 pm

Crissy wrote:[snip]...modsters...[snip again].

Crissy

i dunno why, but i just got a laugh outta that word. kinda makes me think of a crime syndicate. modsters, linksters, gamesters...

KCJammer wrote:What do you mean when you refer to "the people that should play it" and "the people that should never play it."

why did i feel like someone was looking at me? (8

Crissy wrote:The mod will always be as it is in my opinion because it cant draw many or any top players.

i was kinda counting on that. but it hasn't helped any yet. with all this publicity, i really got no shot. )8
Last edited by terrell on Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
terrell

Postby Crissy on Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:38 pm

KCJammer wrote:
Crissy wrote:I find the mod funny to tell you the truth, the people that should play it don’t like it and wont play it and the people that should never play it love it and push it and push it every chance they get, go figure.

I'm trying to follow what you're saying, and I thought I was staying with you until I got to the passage above.

What do you mean when you refer to "the people that should play it" and "the people that should never play it."

Sorry, but I lost you back at the light, lol.

Well that part is easy if you take the top players at every swing type at every level, you wont find hardly any or maybe none of them that will play the mod. ( Because they don’t like it. ) And there the ones that I would say should be playing it as they rarely lose, but thats not the case. So all you have left are people that never or rarely win playing without the mod playing the mod. So as I said who knows go figure.

The mod will always be as it is in my opinion because it cant draw many or any top players. Thats one of the reason it never took off very well I would think.Thats why we only have a few people try to pass it off as the second coming in this thread. If there were more of them I may be out of my league. lol

I hope that helps you understand what I was saying.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby Crissy on Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:45 pm

terrell wrote:
Crissy

i dunno why, but i just got a laugh outta that word. kinda makes me think of a crime syndicate. modsters, linksters, gamesters...

Oh really who would have thought, I may have not been thinking very clearly when I posted that. But then again I probably was took me a bit to make that word up, I had to think on it for a bit and it seemed appropriate. lol
Crissy

Postby KCJammer on Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:54 pm

Crissy wrote:I hope that helps you understand what I was saying.

Gotcha. But when you speak of the top players, you're talking about the top players on the Links Tour, right? 'Cause I'm thinking there were some highly talented players on other tours who were shooting the lights out on v1.05, who did move to v1.06 for the increased challenge.
KCJammer

Postby Crissy on Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:06 pm

KCJammer wrote:
Crissy wrote:I hope that helps you understand what I was saying.

Gotcha. But when you speak of the top players, you're talking about the top players on the Links Tour, right? 'Cause I'm thinking there were some highly talented players on other tours who were shooting the lights out on v1.05, who did move to v1.06 for the increased challenge.

Oh my what are you saying the Links Tour is like the PGA or the LPGA Tour, this is were the best play. You have to win here to be world ranked. lol

Just kidding I am sure there are some very fine players on other tours also. And there are also some very very good on-line players, that never play on any tours at all that would give most anyone a run for there money.

Crissy
Crissy

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It