Mod Reminder

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby FDS_Catherine on Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:07 am

Please explain to me how I or anyone else here, is trying to intimidate you into posting what we think you should post?

Please I would really love to hear your explanation.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You have stated yours , I have stated mine.
FDS_Catherine

Postby Crissy on Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:19 am

FDS_Catherine wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You have stated yours , I have stated mine.

Yes they are thats what I said in my last post, says it all I think thank you.

So lets go are separate ways and leave it at that, I would rather not get to chummy thank you. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Postby Rehit on Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:54 pm

Crissy...
we developed the Mod before Mark created the 1.05 patch...
not afterward.
actually more than a year before...
we just did not release it to the public.
we have been in contact with Take2 for some time, and i actually have spoken with the VP of marketing on many occasions.
this was also true with MS.
please tell them all we said hello when you go to "tell" on us.
we have even gone so far as to make several offers to purchase the Links series for PC.
we have no desire for the x-box version whatsoever.
it is an arcade title like TW, and we have no desire to play it, nor work on it.
we even turned down free copies that were offered to us to give away.
how do you think all of this goes on in public without their knowledge?
we are also involved with Mark on the new changes that are taking place, the same way we were with 1.05 patch.
we are in constant communication with Mark.
i have been trying to explain to you that all of this has been a team effort from the beginning, and still is.
nobody is trying to harm "your" game...
we are trying to improve it.
but purchasing it does not entitle you to any rights to dicatate it's future.
everyone is free to play whatever they choose, and should enjoy whatever that may be.
anytime you open the game you are presented with the ability to set up the conditions as you would like them.
this has never changed, there are just now more options.
please disregard the ones you do not care for, but do not try to deprive others of ones they may desire.
the project will go forward no matter how much hand wringing and whining takes place.
everyone will still have the option to take it or leave it.
you know me well enough to know that none of this is making me angry, but actually has me chuckling...
i love to be entertained, so please continue...
Rehit

Postby Crissy on Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:15 pm

Rehit wrote:Crissy...
we developed the Mod before Mark created the 1.05 patch...
not afterward.
actually more than a year before...
we just did not release it to the public.
we have been in contact with Take2 for some time, and i actually have spoken with the VP of marketing on many occasions.
this was also true with MS.
please tell them all we said hello when you go to "tell" on us.
we have even gone so far as to make several offers to purchase the Links series for PC.
we have no desire for the x-box version whatsoever.
it is an arcade title like TW, and we have no desire to play it, nor work on it.
we even turned down free copies that were offered to us to give away.
how do you think all of this goes on in public without their knowledge?
we are also involved with Mark on the new changes that are taking place, the same way we were with 1.05 patch.
we are in constant communication with Mark.
i have been trying to explain to you that all of this has been a team effort from the beginning, and still is.
nobody is trying to harm "your" game...
we are trying to improve it.
but purchasing it does not entitle you to any rights to dicatate it's future.
everyone is free to play whatever they choose, and should enjoy whatever that may be.
anytime you open the game you are presented with the ability to set up the conditions as you would like them.
this has never changed, there are just now more options.
please disregard the ones you do not care for, but do not try to deprive others of ones they may desire.
the project will go forward no matter how much hand wringing and whining takes place.
everyone will still have the option to take it or leave it.
you know me well enough to know that none of this is making me angry, but actually has me chuckling...
i love to be entertained, so please continue...

Ok I am not trying to give you a hard time, ( Well maybe a little. lol ) but the people here have played the game day in and day out for years. So in my opinion they have a right to know just what your planning and the whens and whys. ( I would think you would agree ) Most of the people here may also appreciate it if you or someone with some kind of idea of whats going on. lol would maybe drop in here from time to time to keep us up to date. Yourself may be a good choice as the ones you have sent so far have not cut the mustard. lol ( JK )

I know you have a massive budget over there lol ( JK ) so maybe spending a few dollars on public relations would not be a bad idea. Then people wont get so worked up as they feel at least they are being informed.

Thank you

Crissy

P/S If there is anything else I may have forgot to add, you can be sure I will get back to you. lol
Crissy

Cmon Crissy, quit beating around the [censored]!

Postby HeavySwinger on Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:31 pm

I know you just want your own clubhouse when they become available, so why don't you just ask! :wink: Hey, we could call it the dinosaur room :idea: !
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby LarryK on Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:43 pm

Crissy,
It would not be a wise decision to post all the items being discussed by the "team". Can you imagine the misunderstandings and outpouring of emotional posts, such as yours to date? Obviously, you do not want anything to do with "mod" conditions. So be it. You will have the choice to use it or not, the same as it is today. Whether it's a click on the desktop to launch the mod or a click within the game to select the mod, the choice will be there to make. I, for one, trust in the fact that the team will makes Links better for everyone and will not force you or anyone else to accept conditions of the game that you do not want.

I would like to thank Rehit, Mark and the other members of the team for their efforts to improve this game.
LarryK

Re: Cmon Crissy, quit beating around the [censored]!

Postby Crissy on Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:17 pm

HeavySwinger wrote:I know you just want your own clubhouse when they become available, so why don't you just ask! :wink: Hey, we could call it the dinosaur room :idea: !

You be careful I my come play you one day using that mod, and then we can have tea later in my nice new clubhouse. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Postby Crissy on Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:34 pm

LarryK wrote:Crissy,
It would not be a wise decision to post all the items being discussed by the "team". Can you imagine the misunderstandings and outpouring of emotional posts, such as yours to date? Obviously, you do not want anything to do with "mod" conditions. So be it. You will have the choice to use it or not, the same as it is today. Whether it's a click on the desktop to launch the mod or a click within the game to select the mod, the choice will be there to make. I, for one, trust in the fact that the team will makes Links better for everyone and will not force you or anyone else to accept conditions of the game that you do not want.

I would like to thank Rehit, Mark and the other members of the team for their efforts to improve this game.

I just meant a list of what they decide to do is all, so people are somewhat better informed, and know what to expect.They don't have to go into great detail or anything. But a little communication goes a long way, we are people over here to you know. And rehit is the guy to do, even I cant scare him off. lol

Crissy
Crissy

Postby Rehit on Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:57 pm

there is plenty of discussion going on at apcd-courses.
it is basically nothing more than a wish list at this point, but all suggestions are taken seriously, and their feasibility looked into.
i see no reason why the same thing cannot be done here.
nobody is trying to hide anything, and after all we are at Mark's site.
we could have very easily done all of this in private, and nobody would have known until it was released.
we would much rather have everyones input.
we will not however listen to suggestions that things that would be optional be left out due to someones individual tastes.
that is why some things are optional.
feel free to start a discussion of things you would like to see in a new version.
i will be more than happy to participate.
we just need to get past all the needless bickering, and get on with the task at hand.
slapping me around on a forum is just useless.
i am quite used to it, and actually find it hilarious.
i guess that is one of the reasons they call me the anti-christ... :twisted:
Rehit

Postby Westview on Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:14 pm

I can't believe there is a 13 page thread about the MOD. :roll:
Some people enjoy it, but most people including myself do not.
Just look at the previous MOD tournaments and count the number of players. Participation is very low compared to "non MOD" tournaments.

Agressively promoting the MOD will not get players to like it. Give it a rest.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby Crissy on Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:18 pm

Rehit wrote:there is plenty of discussion going on at apcd-courses.
it is basically nothing more than a wish list at this point, but all suggestions are taken seriously, and their feasibility looked into.
i see no reason why the same thing cannot be done here.
nobody is trying to hide anything, and after all we are at Mark's site.
we could have very easily done all of this in private, and nobody would have known until it was released.
we would much rather have everyones input.
we will not however listen to suggestions that things that would be optional be left out due to someones individual tastes.
that is why some things are optional.
feel free to start a discussion of things you would like to see in a new version.
i will be more than happy to participate.
we just need to get past all the needless bickering, and get on with the task at hand.
slapping me around on a forum is just useless.
i am quite used to it, and actually find it hilarious.
i guess that is one of the reasons they call me the anti-christ... :twisted:

That would be lovely rehit.
Crissy

Postby Westview on Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:19 pm

This is all Dennis Harris's fault.
Dennis...why did you start this thread? Lol
Westview

Postby FDS_Catherine on Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:27 pm

Westview wrote:I can't believe there is a 13 page thread about the MOD. :roll:
Just look at the previous MOD tournaments and count the number of players. Participation is very low compared to "non MOD" tournaments.

Yes, you are correct in what you say regarding the number of players in mod tournaments. And why would this be?

Can you elaborate further, and tell everyone why you do not like the mod.

I have an excellent idea. Why don't we just sweep it under the carpet, and hope it goes away. That would make the hard-core scorers, who do not want to have to relearn distances, and also drop their scores temporarily, extremely happy. Well?
FDS_Catherine

Postby Westview on Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:39 pm

FDS_Catherine wrote:
Westview wrote:I can't believe there is a 13 page thread about the MOD. :roll:

Yes, you are correct in what you say regarding the number of players in mod tournaments. And why would this be?

Can you elaborate further, and tell everyone why you do not like the mod.

I have an excellent idea. Why don't we just sweep it under the carpet, and hope it goes away. That would make the hard-core scorers, who do not want to have to relearn distances, and also drop their scores temporarily, extremely happy. Well?

Wow, you need to calm down Catherine(whoever you are)
I'm not saying get rid of the MOD. I'm just saying it's not very popular.
For the people who enjoy it, I hope it stays. Just don't try to sell me something I don't want to buy.
Westview

Postby FDS_Catherine on Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:50 pm

Hold on two ticks Westview while I run and get the prozac out of the medicine cabinet.

Yes I also agree with you that the mod is not popular. I for one do not really care, to be honest. But what annoys me is people simply saying they do not enjoy it. Surely there must be reasons why the masses have not taken to it.

By simply saying it is not enjoyable and not elaborating on why, it gives people the impression that something must be wrong with it.

And as for trying to sell you something you do not want to buy. What exactly am I trying to sell?

Listen I am not going to get into a heated debate on an internet forum, as to be honest it is a futile exercise in boredom.
FDS_Catherine

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It