US Open mod tourny

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

US Open mod tourny

Postby chrispy on Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:17 pm

Managed to play rd's 1,2 & 3 but when I try to play rd4 at a different course I get a message telling me "course load failed. course could not be verified.the game cannot start"
I have checked & I definately have the course so I'm stumped.
First try at a tourney here & failed miserably.

Cheers

Chris
My greatest strength is my weakness
chrispy

Postby chrispy on Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:25 pm

oops looks like this is a standard problem as in a post "courses not available"
Doesn't seem that there is a solution so i guess I'm not finishing the tourney & I won't bother playing any others as I see no point until this is fixed.
chrispy

Postby Freefaller on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:50 am

Actually your problem is not the same as the same as the course not found error (which is resolved by redownloading the installer). In your case it sounds like the course has become corrupt, deleting the existing .crz file and redownloading the course (converting if necessary) should take care of it. Let us know.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby chrispy on Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:08 pm

Thanks for the advice m8. I have tried deleting & reloading the course. Makes no difference. Can play it outside the tour so I assume it's not a course problem. There are 2 versions of the course & I have them both loaded so it's not that I have the wrong course loaded.
I guess therefore it's byebye to this tour as I can't be bothered playing if I'm not sure if I will be able to finish a tournament.

Cheers

Chris
chrispy

Postby terrell on Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:20 pm

are you sure you have the correct version of the course being played?

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:12 pm

actually it is possible for a course to play fine recreationally but not be accepted by the server. that's because the ID has become corrupt or is not the correct version. if it's the correct version, and needed to be converted, reconvert with the most recent individual course converter, each available for free at links CC. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:25 am

C, if you have The Stone Canyon Club(2003) file: StCyn2K3.crz (about 36MB) as opposed to the old 2k1 file: Stonecan.crz (about 35MB), then you've got the right file. the server not recognizing the file rather than telling you that you don't have it means that the course ID is probably corrupt. as the other guys have remarked, usually deletion, and a new load fixes that problem. once in a long while the ID goes sour on the original, and the only option is to replace. (edit, having both file versions in the course list at the same time can also sometimes cause the server to balk. then, you just remove the version you don't need from the active course list.)

too bad someone would set up a u.s. open event and then use a different course for the final round. hope you get relief, because the 1.06 guys have it tough enough around here without tech problems too. lw

Return to Talk About It