PLSA FedEx Cup Playoffs... all set... I think

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

PLSA FedEx Cup Playoffs... all set... I think

Postby GoesForIt on Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:33 am

FedEx St Jude - TPC Southwind (2706)
BMW Championship (Castle Pines 2021 Steven Lucey) (2642)
Tour Championship (East Lake)(2556)
GoesForIt

Re: PLSA FedEx Cup Playoffs... all set... I think

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:38 pm

Also, a reminder that Winner starts at 2,000 for all three tournaments. I cannot really do things they way the PGA is. I think for the Tour Champsionship, the FedEx leader starts at -10, 2-9 get -9, -8, -7, etc. the rest start a 0. No more players than we have in Champ, I could try to update after each round, but then people don't play consistently. So, I could wait until the finish and simply lop off the appropriate number of strokes. We'll see. I'll do it both ways, but officially, it will be the 2,000 points for all three tournaments.

Feedback?
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:08 pm

To give us a chance, you could do a reverse and give Higgi 0 points and work you way down the leaderboard. ha ha But then one could try and finish just low enough to get the full 10 strokes. Yeah, that's funny.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:47 pm

Harpo wrote:To give us a chance, you could do a reverse and give Higgi 0 points and work you way down the leaderboard. ha ha But then one could try and finish just low enough to get the full 10 strokes. Yeah, that's funny.

Have to say I have no idea what it’s all about . But I’m sure i’ll play the events
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:17 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
Harpo wrote:To give us a chance, you could do a reverse and give Higgi 0 points and work you way down the leaderboard. ha ha But then one could try and finish just low enough to get the full 10 strokes. Yeah, that's funny.

Have to say I have no idea what it’s all about . But I’m sure i’ll play the events

I just looked it up. So, yes 2000 to the winner of the FedEx (and on down) and the BMW (and on down). Whatever the FedEx Cup standings are after the BMW, start The Tour Championship like this (I'm using the current standings.

Scottie Scheffler -10
Xander Schauffele -8
Rory McIlroy -7
Colin Morikawa -6
Wyndham Clark -5
Ludvig Aberg -4
Sahith Theegala -4
Kideki Matsuyama -4
Sungjae Im -4
Shane Lowary -4
etc (we don't have enough players to matter.

Honestly, I think it's stupid, but it ensures whoever wins The Tour Championship wins the FedEx Cup. As Scottie Scheffler said, All the hard work of an entire season can go down the drain due to a blister... or a crick in the neck. I'll do it just for fun, but we'll use 2000 for all three playoff tourneys.
GoesForIt

Postby albatros on Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:19 am

i like harpo's idea ;} he he
albatros

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Aug 16, 2024 3:57 am

Great start at Southwind...frozen up in round 1
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:30 pm

Honestly, even though it is the PLSA, we'd probably get a lot more Champ involvement if it was a handicap tour... but then it is the PLSA which is supposed to mimic the PGA Tour.

I don't mind that Higgi and company beat the tar out of me every week. I try to keep up with Harpo, albatros, etc. and play the best I can. I fully admit, I'm not getting any better at this game... maybe part age (77) and have simply never learned to read putts very well (especially right to left breakers).

But, I still love teeing it up every Thursday.
GoesForIt

Postby Harpo on Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:07 pm

Hmm, crashed while taking a drop from the water on a hole on the back nine. Forgot which hole. The one that I didn't hit the tee far enough and was to close to the trees. I only use a 2W in C/C so I guess I have to play left side of fairway next time or maybe the wind was in my face. Will try again another day.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:59 am

Yea, that 3rd round hurt me this week. Hope to be home in time for East Lake. Good tourney Doug's.
Jim
Harpo

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:00 pm

If I go with the PGA way on the Tour Championship, here's the way it would stand now for Champ. Of course, there's still the 2,000 point BMW Championship at Castle Pines next week that might change a couple of positions. This would also allow some players who've missed tournaments but do have some FedEx Cup points to come back and participate.

RoyHiggi -10
DirkPitt -8
MasterMontgomery -7
Harpo -6
albatros -5
GoesForIt -4
RonnieSmith -4
archytas -4
Draggon -4
Kaden -4
fescue -3

To be clear, say RoyHiggi shot...

60, 60, 60, 60 = 240 - 10 = 230.

It would be nice if the "system" could apply the "discounts" at the outset, but that's not possible. I'll try to post after every round, once all players have played that round.

The idea that anyone would beat Higgi given a 10 shot lead is far-fetched, but maybe he'll develop a pernicious cramp in his index finger... I just wanted to use pernicious in a sentence :lol: :lol: .
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It